We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nha Trang or Hoi An ?

Which Da Nang hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Darwin
5 posts
Save Topic
Nha Trang or Hoi An ?

which is better Nha Trang or Hoi An as we have 3 days before we head to Halong Bay and would like to relax by the ocean but still do some shopping and sight seeing. Also can anyone please recommend a very clean hotel for around $60 per night

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,333 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nha Trang or Hoi An ?

Hoi An is much better in all respects - very nice beach, great food and shopping.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nha Trang or Hoi An ?

Hoi An by a distance. The beach is cleaner & quieter and the town is MUCH nicer.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nha Trang or Hoi An ?

Hi,

Hoian is highly recommended. It's matching your need with ocean shopping and sightseeing.

Most of Hoian and Nhatrang hotels have promotion package rate for 2 or 3 nights stay during this summer.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,575 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nha Trang or Hoi An ?

NhaTrang hands down!! Hoi An is a nice place and worth visiting. I enjoy going there myself but, there is so much more to do in NhaTrang! Beach is cleaner and nicer in Hoi An?? I would disagree. Much better in all respects? I again disagree. NhaTrang has activities, tours, sights, nightlife, and food. ( Of course, I may be a bit biased as I live here:)

Perhaps check out this and the following pages for more information on where to visit.

http://owee58.com/?m=20100409

Owee

www.owee58.com

pgh, pa
Destination Expert
for Da Nang
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nha Trang or Hoi An ?

Both cities have their strong points but I have to give Nha Trang the nod as to having more. Hoi An is a quaint little town with lots of shopping but how many tailors and lantern shops can you visit. The city itself is historic in itself but marble mountain is the only other attraction nearby. Nha Trang has quite abit more to offer in cultural sites and plenty of dining options of all variety. I've spent alot of time in each and I'll take Nha Trang over Hoi An for a stay of more than a day. Just my opinion.

Drifter

www.vnfrom.blogspot.com

Singapore
Level Contributor
103 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nha Trang or Hoi An ?

Hoi An would be a better place surely..for the sun , sand and the sea plus it's strongest point being a UNESCO designated...check out the bars and restaurants..simply great and hotels a plenty..Welcome To Hoi An!

Edited: 25 June 2010, 05:25
Singapore
Level Contributor
103 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nha Trang or Hoi An ?

nil2pan,

To get to Nha trang, one could use the are daily flights from HCM City, Danang etc..plus one could also board the daily train service as well. Have a great time!

Edited: 25 June 2010, 05:32
Suzhou, China
Level Contributor
13 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nha Trang or Hoi An ?

Hoi An is the better choice. Beaches are nice and the environment is fairly good. Lots of clothes shops to look through as well as the usual tourist things on offer. Less people in Hoi An too so you shouldnt feel uncomfortable. Daily flights from HCMC to Da Nang and taxi to Hoi An (30 mins) should cost around $15 USD.

Byron Bay, Australia
Level Contributor
679 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nha Trang or Hoi An ?

My vote goes to Hoi An. The beach is quieter and cleaner and theres plenty to do in Hoi An town itself. IMO the best restaurants in Vietnam are in Hoi An aswell. Have a great trip!

Australia
Level Contributor
109 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nha Trang or Hoi An ?

It depends what you want- a city with a beach which you can get anywhere in the world or a small city with World Heritage status, history, culture, extraordinary shopping and the best food. Although Nha Trang has fantasic mud baths and it is beautifully located on the beach- there was nothing special. Hoi an You can stay on the beach , the river, in town outide the Old City and where you can walk everywhere or in the Old City.

If you are going to Halong Bay after then can I recommend Paloma Cruise- newish, very clean, first class rooms, great sun deck,-their Web-site was very authentic.