We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time to vietnam

perth
Level Contributor
385 posts
153 reviews
Save Topic
1st time to vietnam

we have no idea where to stay when we go to vietnam......would like a 4 - 5 star hotel.......can anyone help

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
4,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time to vietnam

Do you have any idea of whereabouts in Vietnam you think you might want to go? When? For how long? Small children included (as part of your travelling party, obviously)? Preferences: beach, culture, food, shopping? Anything?

That would narrow down the possible answers considerably :-)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
183 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time to vietnam

agree with on and off, for someone that has posted so many times you should know how it works - in my research there is not much to bother with in Da Nang

Maitland, Australia
Level Contributor
421 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st time to vietnam

If you're going to Hanoi make sure you check out the Sofitel Metropole Hanoi. :)

perth
Level Contributor
385 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st time to vietnam

beach culture, food, relaxation, no children this time...

and yes we do know how trip advisor works thankyou ,

thought we would ask first then research the advice given.

thats the way we like to do it....

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
4,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st time to vietnam

How long time do you have available to you? if you only have, say two weeks, suggestions will be limited to either south or north.

Culture: Ha Noi, Sa Pa, Ha Long, Huê, Mekong delta

Good food: everywhere, but the larger the city, the better the choice (HCMC/Ha Noi).

Beach: some people like Da Nang, but I believe that Hoi An, Nha Trang, Mui Ne, Phan Thiet and Phu Quoc have the most followers. My own preference is Nha Trang, in part also because of the good food.

Relaxation: see Beach above + Da Lat.

The above list is not a complete one, but everything is on the usual tourist path.

Hotels are everywhere, 1 star and up, but 4-5 star unlikely or far between in remote areas.

You should also be aware of the weather conditions, so keep that in mind. The north can be cool to downright cold in winter, and there is typhoon season to reckon with.

Obviously, there is also the rainy season to watch out for.

This should get you started.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
22,330 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st time to vietnam

No need to be snotty guildfordians, your original question is akin to someone else asking,

"we have no idea where to stay when we go to australia......would like a 4 - 5 star hotel.......can anyone help"

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
203 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st time to vietnam

We will also will be first time vistors to Vietnam next October & also were looking for a 4- 5 star luxury resort that wouldn't break the bank. After looking at hundreds & going slightly insane!, I think we have decided on the Fusion Maia.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1st time to vietnam

Yes, you were very vague and even now how long will you be in Vietnam? which month are you planning the trip? you posted on the Danang Forum does that mean you want to stay in that area?

Sydney
Level Contributor
4,062 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1st time to vietnam

We were there in sept for my 50th. Unbelievable. Started in Hanoi 2 nights. Halong bay cruise 1 night. Back to Hanoi. Flew to hoi an (danang). Beautiful 4 nights. Flew to nha trang. Beautiful beaches 3 nights. Flew to HCMC. 4 nights. 16 nights were not enough. I am going back in nov solo to do Mekong. Mui ne. Hew. Hoi an again .Dalat. Etc... If its your 1st time and you can afford 20 bucks get an English speaking driver to pickup from all airports. Mark

Busselton, Australia
Level Contributor
693 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1st time to vietnam

Mark, you sound like you have been bitten by the Vietnam bug - we too are going back again and so looking forward to it. This time doing places we did not get to. Hope you enjoy youself we too will be there in November.

Get answers to your questions about Da Nang
Recent Conversations