We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vietnam in September

Sydney,australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Vietnam in September

Im looking at going to Vietnam in September, for 3 weeks 7-28th , Ive been told it has high rainfall that month and humid....has anyone been at this time of year and what are your thoughts.?

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,773 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vietnam in September

The rainfall record for Da Nang is a bit misleading. August/September is the storm season and this means on a normal day you'll probably experience heavy afternoon downpours and thunder, which cools the place and goes overnight. Then there is the serious storm question that Central/North can experience. Keeping an eye on sites like TSR (Tropical Storm Risk) will give you plenty of notice so that you can alter your plans and go somewhere else until the storm front crosses the land and dissipates. The South is generally free of these storms.

Cheers Ross

Sydney
Level Contributor
4,063 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vietnam in September

Hey LE1963,

We were there last September, North to South and only encountered storms in Hoi an, generally late in the afternoon. They were gone in a flash and in no way impeded our trip.

Enjoy,

Mark

Italy
Level Contributor
39,513 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vietnam in September

We were there early October and there had been flooding the week before in hoi An but the rest of Vietnam was dry and sunny.

Ashmore, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vietnam in September

Does anyone know if many of the tailors in Hoi An will either be closed or open during September/October because its the off season or because of the potential flooding?

I would really like to visit again, particularly to see Mr Xe

5. Re: Vietnam in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2012, 13:01
Ben Tre, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,612 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vietnam in September

I would suggest North and South VietNam at this time of year.You might still have some rain in these region but not too bad.

Hanoi And the surrounding areas will be nice as its autunm will be cool.

Cheers,

Nhung

leicester
Level Contributor
2,180 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vietnam in September

Tailors will be open, even if there is flooding they are extremely resilient to weather problems and in my experience flood damage is cleared the second the water levels drop. I've been to Hoi An in late September and everything was open despite some severe hurricane damage the week before we arrived.

Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Vietnam in September

Central Vietnam: Sep. is not rainy season yet. However, sometimes it showers in the late afternoon. The weather is cool, 25-28 degrees. It has seen no storms during this period of time in the last 3 years.

The North : cool, 25-29 degrees

South : Warmer, 25-32 degrees

London, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vietnam in September

I'm concerned about the weather in Da Nang in September also (we'll be there 12th-21st). We certaintly don't mind the afternoon downpours as this is fairly normal for a tropical climate as long as its warm and sunny before and after! Fingers crossed.

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vietnam in September

Omg thanks for all your comments on this page! I was really worried as we arrive on the 14th of sep until the 15 th of oct going north to south and I thought I had made a big cock- up as I have always wanted to go to veitname! Phew panic over! So glad I found this page! Xxxxx

Get answers to your questions about Da Nang
Recent Conversations