We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Da Nang to Bangkok baggage question

Which Da Nang hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Da Nang to Bangkok baggage question

Hi guys, found some contradictory info on this online so hopefully somebody can help. I've booked to fly from Da Nang to HCMC then on to Bangkok on Vietnam airlines and I've read some things that indicate i'd have to pick up my bags and go through security again in HCMC as I'm connecting to an international flight. The stopover is only 1hr 30 minutes so I'm worried i wont be able to make the connection. Anyone done this before?

Cheers!

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
9,595 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Da Nang to Bangkok baggage question

International flights require you to be 3 hrs before departure. Even if running ontime you are not going to make it.

I would NEVER have a connection in the same day in Asia. Delays and cancellations are the norm here in Asia.

At least you're not looking at missing a flight home. Or are you?

I have watched people melt down at Danang airport because their delayed flight meant they were going to miss their international connection home.

Change to day earlier and overnight in HCMC

Edited: 25 July 2014, 00:02
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Da Nang to Bangkok baggage question

The flight to Bangkok is just the next leg of the trip then we'll stay there and head back home from there, thankfully. I booked the flight as a Da nang to Bangkok ticket through an agency(cheaper than direct) which includes a hour and a half stopover so i assumed, like an other flight I've ever been on, the bags would follow me on my way! Is that definitely not going to be the case?

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
9,595 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Da Nang to Bangkok baggage question

You fly into HCMC landing at the domestic terminal then you need to collect your bags and walk no sorry make that run like the blazes to the International terminal to check in and go through 3 security checks and passport control before making your way to your departure gate.

This alone takes up to 2hrs

I have little faith in travel agents who have never left their cosy desk and gone out into the real world and travelled in South East Asia.

Edited: 25 July 2014, 00:57
4. Re: Da Nang to Bangkok baggage question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2015, 07:15