We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Train HCMC to Phan Tiet

Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Topic
Golden Train HCMC to Phan Tiet

I have booked tickets to Phan Thiet through Golden Trains, supposed to collect ticket 1 hour before train leaves. Can anyone tell me where the Golden Train office is located? Do you know if they will be open at 5:50am in the morning?

Sydney
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden Train HCMC to Phan Tiet

Ask them to deliver the tickets to your hotel. It may cost a couple of dollars but peace of mind is paramount.

Mark

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,446 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden Train HCMC to Phan Tiet

Their office is located just outside the train station in Saigon. I'm sure they're open early as the train leaves at 06:50. However, if you are concerned, go to the station the night before and pick up the tickets. The station is ten to fifteen minutes by taxi from most downtown Saigon hotels.

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,763 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden Train HCMC to Phan Tiet

For a 3/4 hour ride taking the train seems just a complications with no advantage.

Phuong Trang has 3 bus in the morning and 3 in the afternoon departing from D1 every day, no need for booking, just show up 20 minutes before departure.

Sydney
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golden Train HCMC to Phan Tiet

Hey Maurizio,

You are correct in that respect. Ross and I have discussed the pros and cons regularly and by the time you pay for cabs etc... the bus is an easier and much cheaper option. On the other hand it really was a great experience being on the train with the locals. I was the only westerner on the whole train I think. The families were excited about their weekend at the beach and the carriage was in a buzz. Just another great VN experience, for not a whole lot more money.

Mark

5. Re: Golden Train HCMC to Phan Tiet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Phan Thiet
Recent Conversations