We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Desperate for beach hideaway near HCMC

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Desperate for beach hideaway near HCMC

Hi,

I going to vietnam on the 19th january and i looking to spend the last 4 nights (of 14 in total)on a beach hideaway, it as to be close to HCMC (2,3h nearby).

Inicially i thought about phu quoc island but my planned flights don't go well with the schedule to that island. So i'm thinking other possibilities.

I saw MUI NE but i discovered that place is windy...

Please help me :)

QLD
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Desperate for beach hideaway near HCMC

"a beach hideaway, it as to be close to HCMC "

I doubt that anywhere in a land of 87 million could be considered a hideaway, especially if close to a major city.

"I saw MUI NE but i discovered that place is windy..."

Wind on the coast, who'd have thought it possible.

Sydney
Level Contributor
4,062 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Desperate for beach hideaway near HCMC

Ahh Dacaro,

You break me up :-)

Marta, Phu quoc is a simple 30 minute flight and you will find beach hideaways.

Mui ne (Ham tien) is about 5 hours by bus or 4 hours by train. The thing about wind is that if it is onshore and horrible at one beach, it will be offshore and beautiful at another beach nearby with a different aspect. Mui ne has plenty of options and is nice and laid back.

Mark

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,472 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Desperate for beach hideaway near HCMC

There is one resort that is quite nice and is only 2-3 hours from Saigon. It is the Anoasis Resort in Long Hai. However, unlike Phan Thiet, there is not much to do outside of the resort itself. If you just want to spend four days in a nice resort , not doing much of anything else, that would be your best choice. Also, Long Hai doesn't have the onshore winds that Phan Thiet has.

However, if you wish to do more than just stay in the resort, then spend a couple more hours on the road and come to Phan Thiet.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Desperate for beach hideaway near HCMC

I appreciate all the advises.

Special thanks to Mr. Dacaro...

regards.

5. Re: Desperate for beach hideaway near HCMC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2014, 05:17