We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anantara resort-phan thiet noise problems?

Which Phan Thiet hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
anantara resort-phan thiet noise problems?

hi.

we are thinking of staying at the anantara hotel.we were informed by our travel agent that in the next door hotel ''palmira resort'' there is renovation going on and the noise can be heard to anantara most of the day.is this true?

thanks in advance

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anantara resort-phan thiet noise problems?

Telis, I just spoke with Mark, the general manager at the Anantara. He said that last week the Palmira tore down about eight beachfront units and the jack hammers were very noisy. However, the buildings have since been completely demolished and the noise has just about stopped. There are still trucks coming in and out and there may be a little noise as the buildings are being re-built, but nothing like that caused by the jackhammers last week.

He tried to get an idea from the owner at the Palmira about their construction schedule, so that he could inform his guests of any possible future disruption, but the owner has not been very cooperative. Still, he does not expect to have any more of the type of disruption that was caused when they demolished the buildings.

Therefore, it would be my suggestion to go ahead and book the hotel, as it is quite nice. There is no construction going on in the hotel itself. If you have additional questions, just send Mark Eletr an email (meletr@anantara.com) and he would be more than happy to help with your concerns.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anantara resort-phan thiet noise problems?

thank you very-very much for your useful information!

anantara looks very beautiful on the pictures and we really want to stay there.

we will be around august in vietnam so i believe that the constructions will be over .

thanks again .i will definatelly mail the general manager.

3. Re: anantara resort-phan thiet noise problems?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2014, 05:16