We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B and Activities at the Falls

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
180 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
B&B and Activities at the Falls

Will be going to Vic Falls from Livingstone coming from Harare (it’s a long story) from 18 Nov – 21 Nov.

Any suggestion of where to stay and who to get in touch with regarding activities? Would like a place on the Zambian side very close to the Falls. Do not like chain hotels & 5 star places.

Thanks

Karen

livingstone zambia
Level Contributor
53 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B&B and Activities at the Falls

We're in town about 20 minutes from the Falls but would be happy to quote you. Chanters Lodge.

Vientiane, Laos
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: B&B and Activities at the Falls

Hi, Karen

Take a look at Livingstone Tourism Association's website (http://www.livingstonetourism.com/) and you'll find a whole host of options for both accommodation and activities. But please feel free to let me know more detail on what you're after, and I can make some suggestions that more closely fit your needs. There are soooo many options. Livingstone is absolutely buzzing these days.

Regards

Dominique

PS: I can see that Richard from Chanters Lodge has responded. I can endorse that lodge completely - and Richard will also be able to fill you in on all there is to see and do.

Edited: 27 October 2010, 18:34
uganda
Level Contributor
92 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: B&B and Activities at the Falls

try maramba river lodge beautiful spot quiet chalets about five minutes from the falls and reasonably priced

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
180 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: B&B and Activities at the Falls

This is all madness!!

I got myself semi-committed to Zig Zag Bed & Breakfast several days ago with all the activities included. Didn’t logged into Tripadvisor before then because I stupidly forgot to tick the “Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted”

Anyone tried Zig Zag Bed & Breakfast before? Is it great?

uganda
Level Contributor
92 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: B&B and Activities at the Falls

zig zag is also very nice and would have been my second pick. more central to shopping but still only ten minutes to the falls area. charming smallish ensuite rooms on a pretty garden, restaurant on site and you can walk to town. yes they can also help with activities, small pool in the gardens popular cofee house for the locals and where we sent many visiting frinds a good solid budget option and a little cheaper again than maramba. dont worry you did fine.

6. Re: B&B and Activities at the Falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2011, 05:16