We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aviation Infrastructure & Development charge"

Durban, South Africa
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Aviation Infrastructure & Development charge"

I believe there is a new "Aviation Infrastructure & Development charge" of ZMK 56000 on international departure from Livingstone Airport. Does anyone know whether this can be paid in ZAR &, if so, what is the conversion rate?

Mentioned in this post
Livingstone
Livingstone
Southern Province, Zambia
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,294 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Aviation Infrastructure & Development charge"

There is, and it can ONLY be paid in Kwacha, as ALL payments now have to be made in Zambia, (other than the visa fee). There is also a fee to be paid on all internal flight departures, but not at the same rate as the international.

Durban, South Africa
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aviation Infrastructure & Development charge"

Thanks very much. Do you know how we can get Kwachas - in South Africa - or Zimbabwe?

Mentioned in this post
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,294 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Aviation Infrastructure & Development charge"

Kwacha is not an internationally traded currency, thus is only available in country, and you need to ensure that you have disposed of all kwacha before leaving, there is a max amount of kwacha you can take out of the country, I don’t know how much, but it won’t amount to much value.

There have been quite a few posts on this subject on Thorntree and here on TA

www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293842-i9277-k5…

You need to read and digest!

Ivan

Durban, South Africa
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aviation Infrastructure & Development charge"

Thanks -I'll do that -I really appreciate your advice.

5. Re: Aviation Infrastructure & Development charge"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2013, 10:16