We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Victoria Falls Viewing

Which Livingstone hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Victoria Falls Viewing

Hi Folks.

Can anyone advise on how a helicopter flight over the falls compares to viewing them from the Zambia side - & the Zimbabwe side ?

We have a limited time and want to get some good views.

Staying February in Livingstone at the Zambezi Sun.

Thanks.

london
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
4,481 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Victoria Falls Viewing

Which side has the best view is debatable and does depend a bit on the time of year. When water is low (eg October) then the Zim side is definitely better. When the water is high which it should be in Feb, I think there's a lot less in it- the views are different but arguably equally good.

I haven't done the helicopter but I did do the microlight, which appealed to me a bit more than the helicopter for some reason. It's a totally different experience to seeing it from the ground, and you can't take your own photographs. I did it when staying on the Zambian side as a substitute for visiting the Zim side (this was at low water time) but then I have been to the Zim side twice before so didn't feel such a need to see both sides again.

If you have limited time and don't want to pay the visa fees for Zim (plus the extra for a double entry for Zambia), I'd say doing a helicopter/microlight is a good alternative.

2. Re: Victoria Falls Viewing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2014, 05:21
Get answers to your questions about Livingstone
Recent Conversations