We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Devil's Pool in March end

mumbai
Level Contributor
18 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Devil's Pool in March end

Hi,

I am Alpa from India. Family of a couple and children of age 7 and 11. We would like to visit Devil's pool preferably in march end. My question is:

1) 3 of us are non-swimmers, still can we visit and see the edge of Devil's Pool?

2) March end, water level will be allowable to go?

Another alternative we had was of May end (as per school vacations here). But I think, water level at that time will not permit to go there.

Please guide us on above..

mumbai
Level Contributor
18 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Devil's Pool in March end

My wife has written this post. Please assist.

london
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
4,678 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Devil's Pool in March end

I thought it was open roughly Sept to Dec, depending on the water levels. I don't think there's any chance in either March or May I'm afraid.

mumbai
Level Contributor
18 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Devil's Pool in March end

Thank you very much for your reply. But still with due respect to your information, if I am getting some confirmed information on March, we are too excited to go there.

london
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,678 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Devil's Pool in March end

This info-

www.victoriafalls-guide.net/devils-pool.html

says late Aug to early Jan. You can go to Livingstone Island early July to early March, which I assume means you can see the pool. But you can't swim in it.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,351 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Devil's Pool in March end

I have visited the Island in March, amazing experience but no pool to swim in. Standing on the edge of the falls and looking down was quite ( I mean very ) scary. If you are travelling with children bear in mind that, while you have a guide who holds your hands, there are no barriers between you and the falls.

mumbai
Level Contributor
18 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Devil's Pool in March end

Thank you very much both of you.

If in March water is too shalow, still do you all advice to go there to view the edge?

I have heard, if we are in Zimbabwe, we can visit Zambezi River Bridge without getting additional Visa of Zambia. Is it the same case for Devil's Pool, if we are visiting it and coming back to Zimbabwe side of Victoria Falls?

Please advise...

london
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,678 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Devil's Pool in March end

You will need a visa for Zambia.

In fact, I believe Indian passport holders require a visa in advance- you cannot get a visa at the border like other nationalities.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,351 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Devil's Pool in March end

It's not that the water is too shallow in March, quite the reverse. The pool forms when there is less water cascading over the falls, later in the year. It would be much too dangerous when the water is high.

9. Re: Devil's Pool in March end

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2014, 05:18