We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Susi and chuma versus tongabezi

1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Susi and chuma versus tongabezi

Any opinion about which of these accommodations is preferred?

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,773 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Susi and chuma versus tongabezi

Well, I have only stayed at Tongabezi (twice) and loved it, hence the return visit. I doubt that you would be disappointed with either. Tongabezi is independently owned rather than part of a chain (albeit a small and exclusive one).

South Africa
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Susi and chuma versus tongabezi

Been to both and they are both fantastic lodges. You won't go wrong with either of them. Personally, I like the accommodation at Tongabezi a bit more. They have a variety of fantastic accommodation options and in general their accommodation has a more open feel and better views of the river. Sussi and Chuma is a bit closer to the falls and situated inside the national park. The lodge has two camps, Sussi camp and Chuma camp. Chuma camp is basically two private houses on the river, very luxurious and on par with Tongabezi. They have their own private plunge pool and are great for families. Sussi consists of about 12 tents on raised platforms (they call them treehouses, but that is a rather loose use of the term). The tents are huge and very nicely done. My only criticism is that very few of them have unobstructed river views, so you might end up in a unit without a view. The units are connected by raised walkways and there is often wildlife in the gardens below the walkways. Each unit is basically round and open plan on the inside, with full bathroom (shower and bath), coffee station, aircon, overhead fan, mosquito net, viewing deck. The camp also has some very nice common areas and deck areas overlooking a river, and a rimflow pool. All meals and in-house activities are included in the rate, including game drives, boat cruise, fishing, island walks, and tour of the falls. They are one of the only lodges that can offer guided walking safaris. External activities like rhino walks and elephant back safaris are of course charged separately.

Hard to choose, but for location and activities, I would choose S&C. For accommodation and views, I would choose Tongabezi.

Hope this helps!

Onne from Wild Wings Safaris

3. Re: Susi and chuma versus tongabezi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Livingstone
Recent Conversations