We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Animal migration and Victoria fall

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Animal migration and Victoria fall

Yes, I know they are difficult to match, but as it is very difficult for me to have a long vacation (>9 days), it will be good if I can see both of them.

I am planning to go in late August next year. So far, my plan is Masai Mara + Serengeti (total of 5-6 days) + Victoria fall-both Zambia and Zimbabwe (3 days). I have visa free for Tanzania and Zimbabwe, so visa fee is not a concern. However, I am not sure where should I fly to and how should be my route. Here I have Kenya Airways, South Africa Airways, Ethiopia Airways from Africa, Qatar and Emirates from middle east and many other airlines, any advise please? Should I stay in Zambia or Zimbabwe (seems what matter is my flight?)? thanks a lot.

Edited: 18 December 2013, 08:01
london
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
4,681 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Animal migration and Victoria fall

Sorry but I think your plan is unrealistic, especially 5-6 days for the Mara AND Serengeti. Maybe if you stick to just the Mara it will work. But even then, there are a lot of connecting flights, which may add in overnights in Nairobi.

Kenya Airways flys direct from NBO to Victoria Falls, but only on some days of the week. Flight timings may mean you need an overnight in Nairobi.

For example-

Fly to Nairobi. May need overnight, depending on arrival time.

Fly to Mara for for 3-5 nights, fly back to Nairobi

Fly to Vic Falls (may need overnight in Nairobi if flights don't connect)

Spend 3 days Vic Falls, fly back to Nairobi then home. Again, may need overnight in Nairobi if flights don't connect.

This will have to be planned bearing in mind that the Nairobi-Vic Falls flights are only 3 times a week.

If you stay in Zambia or Zim, there are plenty of options for a 5-6 days of safari- in Zambia I would try and get to South Luangwa. In Zim, Hwange is only a couple of hours drive from the falls.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Animal migration and Victoria fall

Thanks. Actually Masai Mara or Serengeti just depends during that period which area has the highest chance of animal migration, after all, that is my main concern. So Nairobi is a good place for in and out for my trip? Thanks.

3. Re: Animal migration and Victoria fall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2013, 13:55
4. Re: Animal migration and Victoria fall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2014, 06:19