We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Devils Pool

Bracknell, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Devils Pool

Can anyone give a clear and honest answer as to how strong the currents will be at the Devils Pool in September? I have read all the reviews and they are so mixed! I'm not a strong swimmer, but the photographs show young children and some quite old folks. Can it really be that bad? and if you aren't that strong a swimmer can the guides help you get to the pool?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Devils Pool

This really depends on how high the water is. The pool usually opens when it's considered safe, which tends to be at some point during September. The later on from this you get, the less water there tends to be and the easier it is to get in. The guides can help a little on the rocks, but at times the current can be reasonably strong, so I would take local advice at the time you're there. Currents depend on how much rainfall there's been, so that'd be something that you'd get the most accurate answer on closer to the time

Alexandra Matts- Travel Director- Extraordinary Africa

Bracknell, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Devils Pool

Thank you Alexandra, that was really sensible advice. I will wait until I'm a couple of weeks off travelling and ask the lodge I'm staying at to find out how fierce the flow is. They are organising all my trips for me, so they should be ok about it.

3. Re: Devils Pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2015, 06:18