We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Acceptable Currency at Zambezi Sun

Belfast
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Acceptable Currency at Zambezi Sun

Hi

Could anyone who has stayed at The Zambezi Sun advise the currency accepted at the hotel/complex/. Although in Zambia I have heard US Dollars is the preferred currency....is this true? Or is the local currency preferred?

I am flying in to Zimbabwe and know I MUST pay in US dollars for my 2 way Visa. What about the local excursions, is there a wide variation and again what is preferred payment...I assume "plastic" can be used at the resort??

I am staying for 4 nights in mid June as part of our honeymoon and after a safari in Kruger am looking forward to a day or so chilling plus some "adventures"...much on offer? Has anyone stayed in June before who can advise weather conditions.

Sorry for soooo many questions but any advice would be most grateful.

Southern California
Level Contributor
998 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Acceptable Currency at Zambezi Sun

Almost all prices are listed in both kwacha and US dollars. The problem with using kwacha is that you need handfuls of it to pay for most anything. Credit cards are accepted at the resort.

2. Re: Acceptable Currency at Zambezi Sun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 18:18
Get answers to your questions about Livingstone