We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US Dollars

australia
Level Contributor
363 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
US Dollars

Just a warning. We are in Vic Falls at present and we cannot get any cash.We have a Qantas travel card but cannot access funds here. ATMs have no funds. Be prepared. We managed to get some at Jberg airport on the way but that was not easy either.

6 replies to this topic
West Australia
Level Contributor
557 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: US Dollars

When you say you are in "Vic Falls" do you mean you are "in" Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, or "at" Victoria Falls in Livingstone, Zambia?

Province of Jaen...
Level Contributor
221 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: US Dollars

And are you trying to withdraw US dollars?

london
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
5,791 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: US Dollars

The OP has put this on the Zim forum- I assume they are in Victoria Falls the town in Zimbabwe. I believe there is a US$ shortage in Zimbabwe at the moment (where they now use US$ as their currency).

I think it is a bit confusing that TA has put a sub forum in the Zambia forum called Victoria Falls.

australia
Level Contributor
363 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: US Dollars

We were staying in Victoria Falls Zimbabwe. And could get no US dollars which is the currency used. Luckily we had prepaid everything. But we needed dollars for tips. Means locals miss out. And you do need cash to pay for some things like park entries.

Perth, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: US Dollars

Did you find a way to get USD in either Zimbabwe or Zambia/Livingston? We are currently in a Vic Falls, Zimababwe side, and desperately need cash ;(

*i understand that this is the Zambia thread but am trying all avenues to get any advice. Thanks in advance

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
9,338 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: US Dollars

As mentioned, very hard to get cash in VF. ATM's in Livingstone will work and give you Kwachas.

Reply to: US Dollars
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Victoria Falls