We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gap Adventures?

Shell Beach...
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Gap Adventures?

I've read many negative comments, but also hear they may have a new land operator since mid 2009.

Has anyone gone on the Delta & Falls Experience trip in the last few months?

Also considering Nomad ending on the Zimbabwe side of Victoria Falls.

Is it better to be on the Zambia or Zimbabwe side?

co. donegal
Level Contributor
334 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gap Adventures?

Im in the exact same boat as you going to africa next jan and i thnk the temp is going to be too hot for comfortable camping , but in answer to your question apparently the view from the zimbabuean side is better

Dublin, Ireland
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gap Adventures?

I would definitely go for GAP. I did the Cape town to Vic Falls trip with Nomad early this year, and I didn't like it at all. When I booked my tour I realized Nomad was a bit more pricey, and thought I would get better quality than the other companies. Needless to say I was very disappointed. On the road I bumped into travelers from ATC, Acacia and GAP, and they always had better food and equipment, their guides were informative and polite - I didn't get any of this! Ever since I came back I realized there were other complaints about Nomad, so just be careful when choosing a tour operator.

Tennessee
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gap Adventures?

I was wondering if you got to take this trip? I am planning on going next June. Did you go with Gap?

California
Level Contributor
469 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gap Adventures?

Honest question, not trying to be funny but...

Do people (from experience) feel that being on these "overland trucks" they really got to see the country that they visited? It seems like most of their itiniraries breeze in and out of places in a day or two max. Also forums seem to give them a bad rap as loud and obnoxious.

Honest question, looked at one tour from GAP that was in and out of Etosha in 2 days, seems like just enough time to put down a tent and pick it back up?

5. Re: Gap Adventures?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2011, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Victoria Falls