We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reviews of Safari Par Excellence

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Topic
Reviews of Safari Par Excellence

Hi,

We are traveling to Victoria Falls in March and wanted to know if anyone has used the services of Safari Par Excellence? Any other company I should be looking at?

Also, can I swim int he Devils Pool in March?

I appreciate any advice?

Rhyl, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reviews of Safari Par Excellence

Hello

We havent used this tour operator but stay away from The Zambia Safari Company (zamsaf). Nickson Chilangwa is the owner, he will take your money and you will have no holiday.

My advice would be to contact some lodges and ask them who they would recommend. Voyagers were recommended to us but we stupidly went with zamsaf.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
46 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reviews of Safari Par Excellence

Saf Par is a good company, they run Waterfront Lodge, they are a reputable company. they even have their own Elephant Back safari activity.

Boston, MA, USA
Level Contributor
450 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reviews of Safari Par Excellence

Saf Par is a great,reputable company..they are very dependable...I had to cancel my trip to Zambia and Zimbabwe and had already paid them for many daytrips...they immediately credited us for all of the money we had paid them..when we went the following summer, we booked again with them...I swam in Devil's Pool in Sept., don't know about March..if you go wear waterproof sandals..rocks are very slippery..have fun and use Saf Par...ENJOY

ZAMBIA
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Reviews of Safari Par Excellence

Thanks trip advisor for the opportunity you give to people to comment or air their views on various aspects of their travels

I take this opportunity to respond respond to this posting

First and foremost No I am not involved in deceit or fraud. I have been in Tourism since 1989 and have very hard through the years to build a business and a reputation. In 2009 we had a very difficult year due to low bookings, last minute cancellations due to the recession and this spilt over into 2010 as a result we were faced with various challenges as we could not meet our financial obligations and we could not replace any of our operating equipment such as vehicles, which resulted in delayed payments to our suppliers and breakdowns on our vehicles.

These I believe are business challenges which most businesses go through at particular times, some companies with big capital bases go through such problems very easily but for small businesses like mine it is a big challenge.

This is period we have been going through with a resolve to sort out our problems. We have put a few things in place to ensure that with a couple of weeks we get re-capitalised and operatet normally.

I ask all of you to give us a hearing and not shoot us down just because we had some problems but rather support us and not shoot us down completely, life is a about challenges, ups and downs.

Yes a few of our clients may have been caught up in some challenges such as a break-down (which I believe occurs with other operators as well) but no single clients ever got stranded, as we were always there for our clients

Thanking all for your hearing and even for all those who have posted everything as without your posting we would not have had the opportunity to tell you about our challenges

Nickson Chilangwa

5. Re: Reviews of Safari Par Excellence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2012, 00:18
Get answers to your questions about Victoria Falls