We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Victoria Falls. Need help!

Miami, Florida
6 posts
Save Topic
Getting to Victoria Falls. Need help!

I am currently interning in Jo'burg for one month. I would love to visit Victoria Falls for a weekend. My problem is that it seems the only flights going to Livingston are British Airways and South African Airways. The flghts are at about $500. Does anyone know of a cheaper way to get from Jo'burg to Victoria Falls? Maybe I can take a train? Other airlines? Different airports?

Keep in mind, I can only travel between Friday and Sunday because of work.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Victoria Falls. Need help!

Flying is the most straightforward way to get to Livingstone. Try 1time (www.1time.aero) - they are often cheaper than BA and SAA, especially if you can book in advance.

Cheers,

Julian

Owner, Timeless Africa

Mfuwe
Level Contributor
944 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Victoria Falls. Need help!

Another option is to fly from Johannesburg to Vic Falls.

london
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
4,556 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Victoria Falls. Need help!

Also try Zambezi Airways to Livingstone. Although, if you go to the Zambian side of the falls you now need your YF certificate to get back into SA.

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
318 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Victoria Falls. Need help!

I flew on 1Time between OR Tambo and Livingstone. Kulula (https://www.kulula.com/) also flies there too.

brisbane
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Victoria Falls. Need help!

what is the best wat to gey to vic falls from dar es salam? have been offered flighy yo lusaka. how far is this from vic falls and how do we get to falls from lusaka

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
318 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to Victoria Falls. Need help!

Lusaka is about a 6 hour drive from Victoria Falls.

I think Zambezi Airlines is the only airline that flies direct between Lusaka-Livingstone. Otherwise you can fly Lusaka -> Johannesburg -> Livingstone on South African Airways, British Airways/Comair, or Airlink.

You can fly Dar es Salam -> Johannesburg -> Livingstone (no direct flights between DAR-LVI) on British Airways/Comair and South African Airways.

Or

Dar es Salam -> Lusaka -> Livingstong on Zambezi Airlines.

West Australia
Level Contributor
425 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting to Victoria Falls. Need help!

"I think Zambezi Airlines is the only airline that flies direct between Lusaka-Livingstone."

ProFlight also have daily scheduled flights between Lusaka-Livingstone.

brisbane
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting to Victoria Falls. Need help!

thank you so much for your advice

9. Re: Getting to Victoria Falls. Need help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 11:18
Get answers to your questions about Victoria Falls