We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Victoria Falls Package

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
47 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Victoria Falls Package

Can anyone advise or recommend the best package for a 3 night trip to Victoria Falls incl. flights from Jo'berg next September? I want to include a trip to the falls, a sunset cruise, the lion walk and the trip to the devils pool.

South Africa
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Victoria Falls Package

DMc5, any tour operator who sells Victoria Falls can put together such a package for you. The cheapest flights are with 1Time airline to Livingstone on the Zambia side, but then the disadvantage is that you spend more on visa costs. During September I would recommend you stay on the Zimbabwe side because the Zambian side of the falls will be dry. Choice of lodge or hotel will depend on your budget and preferences. Many packages are based at either the Kingdom Hotel (closest hotel to the falls, and one of the cheapest) or the popular Victoria Falls Hotel next door (English colonial style, more expensive than the Kingdom). One of my favourite lodges is Victoria Falls Safari Lodge, which looks out over a waterhole in the Zambezi National Park and has two of the best restaurants in Zimbabwe. It costs a bit more than the Kingdom or Vic Falls Hotel. If you prefer a smaller, more intimate tented camp you can try Elephant Camp, which is a new luxury tented camp.

The cost of such a package will depend on your choice of accommodation, and the airfares your agent or tour operator is able to secure. Activities of your choice can easily be added to the itinerary, and there are some good value combo packages available from some of the activity operators in the Vic Falls area (e.g. sunset cruise and your choice of any two activities from a list of options). The devil's pool can also be booked by your tour operator and is a bit more pricey. You will need to pay a $20 day tripper visa, unless you flew into Zambia and got a multiple entry visa in advance.

Note that some of the Vic Falls packages advertised online (such as those offered by local airlines) are only available at the advertised rates to SA citizens. International clients would pay more, and as with most travel agent packages, take note of the fine print and hidden fees. My recommendation is that you choose a tour operator who can customise your package and give you an accurate quote, without hidden costs or booking fees on top.

Good luck with your search!

Onne from Wild Wings Safaris

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
84 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Victoria Falls Package

Hi, I liked the precision of your informations. Could you please let me help out with my questions? I just post them at a forum. Victoria Falls + Safari.

We will be landing in Livingstone in July next year and it seems the best would be to fly to Zimbawe, but the tickets are now acquired, but again I would appreciate your help on my forum Victoria Falls + Safari. Is it possibel in 5 full days? Thanks

Baltimore
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Victoria Falls Package

who is the best tour operator to arrange a Victoria Falls package + regional safaris for us? (we are inetresetd in a tour of the falls + 2 week site seeing in the surrounding African countries. Thank you.

shik11@aol.com

4. Re: Victoria Falls Package

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 21:41
Get answers to your questions about Victoria Falls