We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far in advance do I need to book the tours?

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
131 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
How far in advance do I need to book the tours?

We are going to be in Zambia on November 8 for two nights and if possible want to book a tour to Livingston Island and Devil's pool how much time in advance should we book ? Should I book now or book on the 8th when we arrive to the hotel? We want to go on the morning tour on the 9th

Any other suggestion or advice will be really appreciated.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far in advance do I need to book the tours?

Hi Alona,

You will find that booking your tour of Livingstone Island and the Devil's Pool before you arrive would be best, though not necessary since walk-ins are the norm for most of the attractions. I have used Voyagers a couple of times they are very professional and efficient (maybe a little pricey but worth it for the peace of mind). Here is a link to their site: www.voyagerszambia.com/

Look forward to seeing your Devil's Pool photos!

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
131 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far in advance do I need to book the tours?

Thank you form your reply !

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,441 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far in advance do I need to book the tours?

Why not enquire with the company which actually operates the Island trips?

www.tongabezi.com/livingstone_island.php

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
260 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far in advance do I need to book the tours?

We missed out on the Livingstone Island trip by leaving it to the day before for bookings.

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How far in advance do I need to book the tours?

I would book the Devils pool tour early with Tongabeezi if you are worried about missing it, we booked all other tours the day we arrived and had no problems. We just went to Wild Horizons tour office (one of the tour booking companies in town) and all of our group got to do all the things they wanted too as nothing was full.

6. Re: How far in advance do I need to book the tours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 00:58
California
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How far in advance do I need to book the tours?

I would book Devils Pool before you go. We were there 2 weeks ago, and waited until we arrived to book, and the day we wanted to go was fully booked. We were able to book it for the following day, but space was limited for that day as well.

Edited: 19 October 2012, 07:54
Perth
Level Contributor
84 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How far in advance do I need to book the tours?

Hi, do you need to book the tours if staying at Tongabezi or Sindabezi?

9. Re: How far in advance do I need to book the tours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Victoria Falls