We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much is the the entrance fee to Victoria Falls in Zambia

Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
257 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
How much is the the entrance fee to Victoria Falls in Zambia

We are going to livingstone and planning to visit the famous Victoria Falls. We are wondering how much the entrance fee cost and it would allow you to go in and out of Falls in 24h without charging you again. Does it come with something like 1 day or 3 day pass? Can you pay with USD? We also plan to go to the Victoria Fall Bridge to do the slide or swing. We were told we do not need a visa to cross the bridge. Is this ture? Has anyone done the swing/ bungee or slide? Is there a locker to store your belongings like passports or camera?

thanks

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
9 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much is the the entrance fee to Victoria Falls in Zambia

We were in Zambia a month ago and can't recall the entrance fee to the Falls but I think it was $15, but I could be wrong. I wouldn't count on using US dollars. We were told once you leave the park you have to pay to come in again even on the same day. You don't really need more than a day to see it. We just walked from the park over to the bridge and you don't need a visa to get to the bungee jumping which right in the middle. There were people around to hold you camera etc. We watched several people do it. I don't think there is a locker. You do need a visa to continue to go all the way across to Zimbabwe which we did. The Zim side is nice but the Zambia side was better when we were there. You got very wet on the Zambia side from the mist even with the rental raincoats. We stayed at Green Tree Lodge which was great. You can take a taxi to get to the Falls. It is too far to walk. There are a lot of adventure type activities to do around Livingstone so allow at least 3 days. Sunset Cruise is wonderful. The one we went on was $58 and included a meal.

Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
257 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much is the the entrance fee to Victoria Falls in Zambia

Thanks for your helpful info.

South Africa
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much is the the entrance fee to Victoria Falls in Zambia

Zambia recently passed a law that makes it illegal to quote people or accept payment USD, but in practice a lot of places still accept USD. Still, best to change some dollars to the local currency (Kwacha) at the airport when you arrive.

If you stay at the Royal Livingstone or Zambezi Sun (two Sun International hotels adjacent to the falls), your entrance to the falls is free (and you can walk there from your hotel room). Otherwise, you pay per entry and to the best of my knowledge you cannot get a 2 day pass or something like that. The current fee is $20 per person (on the Zimbabwe side it is $30 per person).

Onne from Wild Wings Safaris

4. Re: How much is the the entrance fee to Victoria Falls in Zambia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Victoria Falls