We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Trip to Nagoya

Level Contributor
10 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Family Trip to Nagoya

I will be going on a family trip of 5 + 1 infant to Nagoya from the 26th - 31st May 2014. This will be our first trip there and I had booked the Daiichi Fuji Hotel

13-17 Tsubaki-cho, Nakamuraku-ku, Nagoya Station / Downtown, Nagoya, Japan 453-0015. I sincerely hope that somebody would help me to plan my stay there as we are quite at lost in deciding what to do and where to to go. Looking at the recommended places and things to do via trip Advisor it seemed that we should visit all the places. Thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
809 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Trip to Nagoya

These are essential sites that you can gather initial information to visit Nagoya and surrounding area. After your home work, you can come back and ask more detailed questions!

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
237 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Trip to Nagoya

I would recommend going to see Nagoya Castle.

Spend an afternoon at Osu Kannon Temple and the surrounding shopping area.

It's really fun to go up to the observation deck of Nagoya tower at night and then head over to Oasis 21 (a futuristic looking structure with lots of shops and restaurants beneath the main structure). There's a great conveyor belt sushi restaurant on the bottom level of Oasis 21.

Make sure to visit the planetarium (it's a very cool structure) and then head over to the Nagoya City Art Museum.

Also, Yagoto (a college neighborhood in Nagoya) has the beautiful Kosho-ji Temple (near the train station) with a five story pagoda.

Check out our blog for more Nagoya pics and ideas: http://www.blaineanderin.com/?s=nagoya

Good Luck!

3. Re: Family Trip to Nagoya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2015, 05:25