We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help me with hotel choice

Which Nagoya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
915 posts
Save Topic
Please help me with hotel choice

I have done a bit of reading and come to realise that for budget end hotels, and near to Nagoya station, there are plenty of choices. First there is the Toyoko chain, with 3

1. Toyoko Inn Nagoya-eki Shinkansen-guchi

2. Toyoko Inn Nagoya-eki Sakuradori-guchi Shinkan

3. Toyoko Inn Nagoya-eki Sakuradori-guchi Honkan

Of these 3, which is considered nearest to Nagoya station. I can imagine Nagoya station is huge so nearer to which part of it is crucial. For my stay, I would be taking the bus from Meitetsu bus station to Nagashima, and trains to places like Kiso Valley, Shirakawa-go, Takayama & Korankei.

Which of the above is newest? Whcih would you recommend?

Via Inn is also highly recommended in one thread but unfortunately not available for my dates.

I also read about Hotel Mystays and APA Inn which has two one is called Nishiki and the other is Sakae but these 3 are all at Sakae right?

That brings me to the question of whether staying near Nagoya station is all that important? Or is there a good reason to stay at Sakae instead?

Other hotels near Nagoya station that seems highly rated include

1. Business Hotel Shinmei

2. Sunroute Plaza

3. Mercure Nagoya Cypress

4. Meitetsu Inn

5. Sanco Inn

Others I have read and highly rated at Tripadvisor include Nagoya B (near Sakae) and Nishi***** Inn Nagoyanishiki (near Fushimi). Strange, the forum does not allow me to spell this hotel name.

I am really unsure which to choose. My budget for a single room can be up to JPY8000. Would really appreciate your thoughts. Short walking distances to stations is a big plus for me bearing in mind I will have 4 nights stay and taking trains/buses from Nagoya most days. Thanks.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
50,337 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help me with hotel choice

For the Nagoya Toyoko Inn locations relative to the train station, you can easily decipher this on Google Map. Keep in mind Nagoya and Meitetsu Nagoya are two different stations so be sure you are looking at the right place.

Whether some other hotels you mentioned are located in Sakae, again, you can find them on Google Map and also via the hotel's own website. It's not difficult at all.

I would just decide based on user ratings on Tripadvisor and their locations relative to your needs. Sunrtoue and Mercure are theoretically nicer so if the reviews are decent, the locations are adequate, and the cost works for you, then they might be better than the plastic rubbermaid style of Toyoko Inn. Note that it will be very difficult for you to find one user that has stayed at all these hotels though.

Singapore
Level Contributor
915 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help me with hotel choice

Appreciate. Those listed above are already shortlisted after pouring through reviews at tripadvisor and booking.com. I have now booked Business Hotel Shinmei, great reviews, cheap and very near Nagoya station. Hopefully I got it right. Good thing about booking.com is I can still cancel at no charge should I find something better later.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,048 posts
662 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help me with hotel choice

It is depending on your priority to choose a hotel. If you have a heavy luggage, it might be wiser to stay closer to Nagoya Station. All Toyoko Inns are walking distance from the station. I should say they are clean and reasonable although you might find something cheaper and old. Also problems of cheap business hotels are often used by people who smoke a lot. The hotels might clean and spray but the odor does not clear easily.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
50,337 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help me with hotel choice

Toyoko Inn has non-smoking rooms. For the few times I have stayed there, I never noticed any smoke in such rooms although others might have different experience. Soundproofing within the building is a weakness of Toyoko Inns though.

5. Re: Please help me with hotel choice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2015, 04:19