We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip for Takayama festival -no accomodation

Which Nagoya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
mumbai
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip for Takayama festival -no accomodation

I would like to go to the Takayama festival on 14th but all accommodations are full. Was wondering if I could do a day trip from Nagoya

Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
3,323 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip for Takayama festival -no accomodation

You could, but if youre relying on public transport you will miss the night parade because the last train is before the parade ends.

You can easily hire a car and drive up for the day, then you are able to stay later, though definitely drive back via the expressway, much safer in the dark sith unfamiliar roads.

mumbai
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip for Takayama festival -no accomodation

Thank you very much for the reply. I have to stick to public transport unfortunately. Ty once again

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip for Takayama festival -no accomodation

I dont think you can manage to do something.

one day trip is possible. Plan to ride JR LTD Exp at 1848 from Takayama.

mumbai
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip for Takayama festival -no accomodation

Thank you. I plan to do just that. Start early from Nagoya, spend the day in Takayama seeing the festival and parade and return back by the last train.

5. Re: Day trip for Takayama festival -no accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2015, 05:16