We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Osaka to Toyota Stadium at night and back...

7 posts
Save Topic
Osaka to Toyota Stadium at night and back...

Konichiwa,

I am staying in Osaka on July 19 in Taishi, Nishinari and have tickets to the Nagoya Grampus soccer game at Toyota Stadium at 7.30pm

I am worried that if the game finishes late I may not be able to get the correct trains back to Osaka which I believe is about a 3hr trip?

What time is the last train?

Thankyou

Melbourne
Level Contributor
295 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Osaka to Toyota Stadium at night and back...

You can check the train schedule here

http://www.hyperdia.com/en/

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
55,364 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Osaka to Toyota Stadium at night and back...

It will be very tight. Assuming it's a normal soccer game that won't have overtime in case of a draw, the game should finish before 9:30pm. However, the last trains that can get you back to Osaka starts departing at 9:30pm as well. It's best to plan to stay at Nagoya instead for the night.

7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Osaka to Toyota Stadium at night and back...

I'll check the time table and see if it makes sense!

Yeah I was assuming the game will finish 9-9.30!

Already booked accommodation in Osaka.

7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Osaka to Toyota Stadium at night and back...

As long as I'm at Nagoya Station before 10.30pm at the latest I should be ok?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
55,364 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Osaka to Toyota Stadium at night and back...

The problem is it takes almost one hour just to get back to Nagoya station. Factor the time you need to walk out of a large stadium, and that it takes about 15 minutes walking to the closest train station. If you leave the game at the very end, you really won't be able to get to Nagoya by 10:30pm. You will probably have to leave just after 9am when the game should still have at least 15 minutes remaining to be save.

6. Re: Osaka to Toyota Stadium at night and back...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2015, 06:16