We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Non Reserved Nohi Bus (Shirakawago)

Malaysia
Level Contributor
395 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Non Reserved Nohi Bus (Shirakawago)

Hi

I will be travelling to Shirakawago from Kanazawa on 23/12 morning. It is only a half day tour and I will take the 16:15 Nohi bus to Takayama.

My question -

Both 15:15 and 16:15 Nohi bus are non reserved bus. I am worry if the bus is full and I will end up not able to go to Takayama on the same day. (17:20 bus are fully booked). I did ask the same question to the Nohi bus customer service, they told me no matter how, they will arrange for enough bus to pick up all the customers. I am aware we need to be at the bus station at least 10min before the departure time, but somehow, still a bit concern on this.

Anyone has the similar experience to share? TQVM.

6 replies to this topic
Vilnius, Lithuania
Destination Expert
for Lithuania, Vilnius
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Non Reserved Nohi Bus (Shirakawago)

we did take the reserved bus, however we were told that for non- reserved they would provide a bus or couple of buses if needed. I guess they at Nohi just know from their experience and are ready to provide extra bus in case. I would not worry.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
28,102 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Non Reserved Nohi Bus (Shirakawago)

As mentioned, they'll bring in an extra bus or two if needed. No worries.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
395 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Non Reserved Nohi Bus (Shirakawago)

Dear all,

Thank you for this info..I feel much convinced now. Have a good day !

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
60,750 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Non Reserved Nohi Bus (Shirakawago)

If you want to catch a particular unreserved bus, then just go line up 15-20 minutes early. The last time I took this bus, I also opted for the unreserved. It was on NYE when Shirakawago got a lot of visitors. I had no problem taking the bus I wanted.

Alternatively, just book a bus. As long as you allow 3 hours or so in the village, that should be enough time. We even sat down to eat a Hida beef lunch.

Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Non Reserved Nohi Bus (Shirakawago)

I am planning a short visit to Shirakawago from Takayama, then from Takayama back to Nagoya.

How much is the round-trip and one-way bus fare from Takayama to Shirakawa-go ?what type of bus I should take and where to take? Thank you .

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
60,750 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Non Reserved Nohi Bus (Shirakawago)

https:/…shirakawago.pdf

Reply to: Non Reserved Nohi Bus (Shirakawago)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kanazawa
Recent Conversations