We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yamaguchi

Bangkok
Level Contributor
42 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Yamaguchi

Hi,

Anyone know the bus schedule from Yamaguchi to Akiyoshi-do Cave, then on to Hagi? Alternatively, Yamaguchi to Akiyoshi-do Cave and back, and Yamaguchi to Hagi and back?

Thank you.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tohoku, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
6,219 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Yamaguchi

chugoku-jrbus.co.jp/annai_rosen/pdf_yamaguti…

Yamaguchi Station is 山口駅

Abiyoshi-do Cave is 秋芳洞

Hagi is 萩

Shin Yamaguchi Station is 新山口駅

Bangkok
Level Contributor
42 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yamaguchi

Thank you.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
42 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yamaguchi

Another question please.

Any bus from Akiyoshi-do Cave to Hagi?

Thank you.

Japan
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yamaguchi

The JNTO web site has great information about Japan, including online maps in pdf. You might find this one helpful:

jnto.go.jp/eng/location/rtg/pdf/pg-605.pdf

Durham
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yamaguchi

Hi,

I'm thinking of visiting Akiyoshi-do on the way to Hagi. I'll be coming from Kyushu.

I've found the current link to the timetable given in the response to the original post here:

www.chugoku-jrbus.co.jp/pdf/03-jikoku_b.pdf

and a route map of sorts here:

www.chugoku-jrbus.co.jp/pdf/03-rosenzu_a.pdf

Can anyone confirm that I'm correct in thinking that to do this entirely on transport covered by the JR pass I'd need to go back to Yamaguchi after Akiyoshi-do and take another bus to Hagi from there unless I timed my visit so that I could catch one of the two buses from Akiyoshi-do that continue on to Mine from where I could catch a train up to Nagatoshi and onward to Hagi?

I know there's another bus company called Bocho Bus which operate in the area but I'm just trying to figure out what would be involved in doing it all with the JR pass.

Thanks

Edited: 01 February 2010, 19:35
6. Re: Yamaguchi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2010, 08:17
Get answers to your questions about Chugoku