We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

goodwill guide

honolulu
Level Contributor
290 posts
1 review
Save Topic
goodwill guide

I will be traveling to Hiroshima and want to go to the Izumo Taisho. I am hoping to have the help of a goodwill guide to take us around and explain things to us and perhaps help us better plan our trip. Should I travel to Izumo from Hiroshima.. tour Izumo Taisho.. and then travel back to Hiroshima? or should I stay overnight in Izumo? We are planning on going to Yamaguchi for a half day and then end up in Fukuoka before we head back to Tokyo. Do you know how I would reserve a goodwill guide? Please help. Aloha.

9 replies to this topic
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
8,264 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: goodwill guide

There are 9 highway bus services per day between Hiroshima(both station and bus terminal) and Izumo.

Hiroshima to Izumo 7:45 9:00 10:45 12:25

Izumo to Hiroshima 13:30 14:30 16:30 18:00 19:00

travel time is 3 hours. Round trip ticket is 7200yen.

www.chugoku-jrbus.co.jp/highway/mikoto.html

honolulu
Level Contributor
290 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: goodwill guide

That is good information to have. Thank you. Any idea on guides in the area? or good places to sample the local cuisine?? Oh, and is the Izumo Taisho near the bus station or terminal? walking distance? Thank you so much for taking the time to answer me. Aloha.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
8,264 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: goodwill guide

ichibata.co.jp/bus/rosen/pdf/time_izumo_1.pdf

The bus from Izumo bus stop to Izumo shrine bus stop departs at 6:34, 7:20 etc. and arrives at Izumo shrine at 6:59, 7:45 etc.

The bus from Izumo shrine bus stop to Izumo bus stop departs at 6:45, 7:15 etc. and arrives at Izumo bus terminal at 7:09, 7:39 etc.

The bus departs from Platform 1 at Izumo bus stop. One way fare is 510yen.

The photo of the bus www.online-utility.org/image/ImageCache…

honolulu
Level Contributor
290 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: goodwill guide

Oh... thank you very much!

San Diego
Level Contributor
73 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: goodwill guide

jnto.go.jp/eng/…hiroshima

Matsue, Japan
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: goodwill guide

There is a Good will guide "Goen" in Izumo. They will show and explain about Izumo Taisha in English.

Please send an e-mail to : izumogoen@gmail.com

If you have time, I recommend you to take a bus from Hiroshima to Matsue, shimane pref.

then spend a day sightseeing around Matsue. Matsue is full of spots you can find lots of Japanese traditions, such as Matsue castle, Horikawa sightseeing boat. There is also a good will guide in Matsue,

email : kasaburannka@smn.enjoy.ne.jp

honolulu
Level Contributor
290 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: goodwill guide

Thank you so much. I have been in touch with someone from the Goen in Izumo and I am now waiting for them to return my email.

Matsue, Japan
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: goodwill guide

That's good. I hope you have wonderful trip.

honolulu
Level Contributor
290 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: goodwill guide

Thank you! With all the good advice I am getting.. And with a goodwill guide.. I'm sure we will have a wonderful trip.

Reply to: goodwill guide
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Matsue