We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meals

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Meals

Hi guys, I noticed that some hotels give free breakfast and dinner while some do not. May I know is it easy to find food in Noboribetsu or Toya? And what is the average cost? Any good recommendations in terms of food? Any particular streets etc? Thks.

Sapporo, Japan
Level Contributor
688 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meals

Noboribetsu Onsen is a hot spring town, and most hot spring resorts include breakfast and dinner in the price of the stay. You can save money by reservation without breakfast and dinner, but there are few restaurants in Noboribetsu Onsen.

Lake Toya is similar, but there is a bit more choice of restaurants: soba, mongolian barbecue, sushi, Japanese pub. I don't know specific restaurants. The bakery at the Apex Toya resort hotel is outstanding, great for picnics, but that's about 30 minutes up the mountain from the town of Toyako Onsen.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Meals

Thks Nessie.

Out of toic: Anyway my initial plan was to stay a night at Noboribetsu but after looking thru the forums, it seems that the accomdation in Noboribetsu is really more expensive than Toya hence I decided to stay at Toya for 2 nights and make a day trip over to Noboribetsu. Is it ok with this arrangement?

Any comments on TOYA ONSEN HOTEL or TOYA SANSUI HOTEL KAFU or PENSION OHNO?

Sapporo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Sapporo, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
2,433 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meals

and here is another one...very nice...i was there recently..

http://www2.ocn.ne.jp/~kawanami/kawanamiindex2008-4-10.html

Pension Ohno - the family have an illness in the family and have stopped doing evening meals i think...

Kawanami is nearby - lakeside...and they speak English - great crab dinners!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Meals

Thks Amanda. =)

5. Re: Meals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 20:24