We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shikotsu Red Leaves Festival/Week 2008

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
166 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Shikotsu Red Leaves Festival/Week 2008

Hi,

Can anyone confirm the date of the Shikotsu Red Leaves Festival 2008? Internet gives out different dates - some say it's 7 Oct, and others say it's 11 Oct, still others say it's 12 Oct.

If I miss the day of the Festival itself, there is a Red Leaves Week, right? What are the activities involved and is it worth making a trip there?

Thanks,

Maya

Sapporo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Sapporo, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
2,468 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shikotsu Red Leaves Festival/Week 2008

Hi Maya,

changing leaves is all up to nature - and usually goes on through various stages for about 10 days...

I wouldn't worry about the Festival - to be honest i've never even heard about it - if you are in the area and the leaves in Sapporo are JUST starting to turn...then at Shikotsu they will be turning..

should be good i think

amanda

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
166 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shikotsu Red Leaves Festival/Week 2008

Thanks, Amanda!

I was just wondering whether I could catch some festival atmosphere by going there. I will be going to Toya that evening, and so I figured I could go the other way (originally, planning to drive from Otaru to Niseko and then Toya), that is, train from Otaru to Chitose, then drive Tomakomai (heard there's great shellfish there) and then to Shikotsu, before ending the day at Toya. I will be drving from Toya to Niseko and back to Otaru the next day, so I won't be retracing my steps, and won't miss anything either.

What do you think? Too much of a hassle?

Cheers,

Maya

3. Re: Shikotsu Red Leaves Festival/Week 2008

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 00:16