We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help on 6 day-itinerary

singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Need help on 6 day-itinerary

I will be spending 5 nights in Hokkaido in end October. Need some help as I can't decide where to go.

Current plan is as follows

Day 1 - Sapporo - stay

Day 2 - Sapporo (with day trip to Otaru) - stay

From Day 3 onwards, i am thinking of renting a car to drive down the countryside to visit the more pictureseque areas.

Day 3 - Visit Norobeitsu and Lake Toya - stay at Lake Toya

Day 4 - ??? not sure where to go

Day 5 - Hakodate - stay

Does anyone have any recommendation of where to go for Day 4 or to stay another night in Lake Toya or should I spend a night at Otaru instead of making a day trip and leave two full days for Sapporo?

Sapporo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Sapporo, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
2,442 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help on 6 day-itinerary

Sapporo to Lake Shikotsu - 1 hour

Shikotsu to Noboribetsu - 1.30 mins

Stay at Noboribetsu

Next day visit Shiroai - Ainu center, then drive along the coast to Lake Toya. Visit the volcano walks at Nishiyama Crater and Usu-zan, boat trip to the islands in the lake. Stay.

Next day drive to Oonuma or Hakodate. Stay. (3.30 hours)

end of October you may just get the fall colors in south Hokkaido, Oonuma and Hakodate area.

are you flying OUT of Hakodate? or do you have to drive all the way back to the Sapporo area? it's a 5 hour drive really.

singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help on 6 day-itinerary

Thank you Amanda for your excellent suggestions. Will work on them quickly!

I will be flying out from Hakodate so will be spared the 5 hour drive back to Sapporo :)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help on 6 day-itinerary

Hi Opalbeam, your itinerary is very much like mine. When will you be reaching Sapporo. I be at Hokkaido as well between 23-30 OCt and by flying back to Tokyo from Hakodate as well.

singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help on 6 day-itinerary

Hi Extremme

Will be there one week before you. I will be leaving for Sapporo this Friday evening (17 Oct) and staying till 23 Oct before I depart for Tokyo for a few days, returning back to Singapore on 26 Oct.

Hopefully I can still catch the fall colours.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help on 6 day-itinerary

ohh..I am leaving for Japan on 18 Oct but my first stop is Yokohama for a few days followed by Hokkaido then Tokyo again..staying @ Japan for abt 2 weeks.

6. Re: Need help on 6 day-itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 18:17