We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting out of Club Med Sahoro???

SINGAPORE
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Getting out of Club Med Sahoro???

Hi, anyone can advise how to get out from club med sahoro without taking their terribly expensive transfers? I asked for a transfer from Shintoku station which is half hr drive to club med resort and they are charging us 4,000jpy per person for a group of 10! Is it really that expensive?

That means if we want to get out for those day trips, it'll cost us 80,000jpy for transfers alone!

Anyone know of any other means of getting out from the resort? PLS HELP!!!

Mentioned in this post
Shintoku-cho
Shintoku-cho
Kamikawa-gun, Japan
Club Med Tomamu Hokkaido
Club Med Tomamu Hokkaido
#1 of 8 hotels in Shimukappu-mura
La Jolie Motomachi by WBF
La Jolie Motomachi by WBF
#1 of 96 hotels in Hakodate
Takinoya
Takinoya
#1 of 20 hotels in Noboribetsu
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting out of Club Med Sahoro???

I have never been there,but since nobody answered your question, I checked some taxi websites in Japan. There are a couple of taxi companies near Shintoku station.It costs about 3000-4000 yen to take a taxi from Shintoku station to Sahoro(about 10 km). So taking a taxi is cheaper than hotel transfer.

Telephone nubers of the taxi companies:

Shin Kotsu 0156-69-5556

Shintoku Hire 0156-64-5155

Ask the hotel staff to call them.

Mentioned in this post
Shintoku-cho
Shintoku-cho
Kamikawa-gun, Japan
Sapporo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Sapporo, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
2,673 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting out of Club Med Sahoro???

I love the title of this message!

Club Med is out in the middle of the countryside and they hope to keep you there with all sorts of activities - it's an all in resort and most guests don't leave until the end.

You also have to travel quite a distance to GET anywhere...Obihiro city...Furano....all about 1 hour away...

Mentioned in this post
Furano
Furano
Hokkaido, Japan
3. Re: Getting out of Club Med Sahoro???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 05:26