We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Self-drive itinerary

Singapore
Level Contributor
616 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
My Self-drive itinerary

Hi I plan to do a self-drive trip in Hokkaido and have come out with this itinerary which is Hakodate as a starting point and depart from Asahikawa.

Hakodate (1 night)

Lake Toya (2 nights) or

Lake Toya (1 night) follow by Noboribeitsu (1 night)

Otaru (2 nights) – day trip to Sapporo

Chitose Outlet mall

Furano (1 night)

Biel (1 night)

Asahikawa (1 night)

Total 8 nights. Is my itinerary ok?

Does anyone know if I still can see Lavender in last week of July or first week of August?

Thanks for your help!!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
52,022 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My Self-drive itinerary

Otaru isn't really worth two nights. In my opinion, Sapporo is worth two days while Otaru is worth one. Even though most of what's interesting at Sapporo can be seen in one day, if you do some shopping and want to enjoy the best restaurants, Sapporo is the place to be rather than Otaru.

I think Lake Toya one night and Noboribetsu one night make sense.

There will be plenty of lavender and sunflowers during the end of July and beginning of August. It's a good season to come.

Overall, your itinerary looks ok as long as you don't mind the driving.

Sapporo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Sapporo, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
2,479 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My Self-drive itinerary

i agree with sammy.....

and - no need for biei and asahikawa stays...they are only 40 mins apart.

amanda

3. Re: My Self-drive itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2010, 05:18