My wife and son (6 years old) are planning to visit Hokkaido in late July 2011. The main aim is to see the flowers and to enjoy the nature.
This is my proposed itinerary, and want to get views on it:
- Day 1: Singapore to Ashikawa (via Osaka) and pick up car & drive to Biei arriving in the late afternoon
- Day 2 : Biei and Furano
- Day 3 : Biei and Furano
- Day 4 : Drive from Biei to Sapporo and return car
- Day 5: Sapporo
- Day 6: Sapporo (Day trip to Otaru by JR)
- Day 7: Sapporo
- Day 8: Pick up car and drive from Sapporo to Noboribetsu / Lake Toya
- Day 9: Noboribetsu / Lake Toya
- Day 10: Drive from Noboribetsu / Lake Toya to Chitose Airport (overnight at Airport hotel)
- Day 11: Sapporo to Singapore (via Osaka) [very early morning flight ETD Sapporo 7.40 am]
Is this workable?
I plan to return the car on Day 4 and pick it up again on Day 8 as I do not need the car in Sapporo and don't want to pay for parking at the hotel.