We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hokkaido Trip (10 Dec - 15 Dec)

Singapore, Singapore
7 posts
Save Topic
Hokkaido Trip (10 Dec - 15 Dec)

Hi, we are bringing a 6 and 8 Year old children and my plans to Hokkiado are:

10-12 Dec Sapporo City, Cross Hotel

12-15 Dec Niseko, Youtei Track

15 - 18 Dec Tokyo

Primarily, I want to bring the children for snowrafting, tubing and sledding. Wanting to bring them to Takino Park but it will not be open until 17 Dec. Does anyone know anyplace that has similar activites and open during my travel period?

Also, is going to Niseko a good choice when skiing is not the main priority? Is walking around Niseko to resturants and bars difficult when I have to do that with 2 children?

Intending a day trip to Otaru, should I do that when I m in Niseko or Sapporo City? Is there any Farmstay in Hokkaido that offer 3 days and 2 nights?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
554 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hokkaido Trip (10 Dec - 15 Dec)

Try this conversation thread from last year about farm stay programs:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g298143-i5078-k4…

Good luck! :-)

Sapporo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Sapporo, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hokkaido Trip (10 Dec - 15 Dec)

Hi there

You should find plenty of winter activties to do in NIseko, there are tours and play activities for non-skiing kids and parents.

Niseko is actually a small village called Hirafu, and other small villages round the base of a ski area mountain.

It's very international, with English spoken and information for visitors.

I'd do all the winter things at Niseko and from sapporo you can enjoy fish markets/shops/chocolate factory/day trip to Otaru/museums.

Amanda

Singapore, Singapore
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hokkaido Trip (10 Dec - 15 Dec)

Thank you, snowboardbunny! I hv not read that forum thread n it helps.

Singapore, Singapore
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hokkaido Trip (10 Dec - 15 Dec)

Amanda, you are such a gem in this forum. Thank you.

Sapporo, Japan
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hokkaido Trip (10 Dec - 15 Dec)

You should definitely go to Otaru when you are in Sapporo. It's a very short train ride away and very convenient to get to. If you like sushi, Otaru has some of the best and freshest sushi in Japan. There's an awesome, cheap kaiten (conveyor belt) sushi restaurant that I highly recommend. Cheap too, and the kids should enjoy watching the chefs prepare all the fresh fish.

It's called Topi.

www.best-of-sapporo-japan.com/sushi-bars.html

Singapore, Singapore
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hokkaido Trip (10 Dec - 15 Dec)

Ben c, thank you! I will lookout...

Anybody can give ideas whethete To stay in Youtei track is better or Hilton Niseko? We will stay fr 4 days n 3 nights... We r not so much into skiing, only fr snow activities fr the children.,.

Thank you.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tohoku, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
6,140 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hokkaido Trip (10 Dec - 15 Dec)

A friend who had stayed in Hilton Niseko highly recommends it. He likes its beautiful outdoor onsen and the convenient shuttle service from either New Chitose Airport or Sapporo. But he says the most memorable thing is being able to watch the beautiful sunrise and sea of cloud round Mt. Yotei right outside his hotel room window.

We found Hilton a bit out of our budget and managed to secure a budget deal in Niseko Weiss. We could also watch the sunrise, but we had to brave the cold to go up to the outdoor balcony on 6/F.

Singapore, Singapore
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hokkaido Trip (10 Dec - 15 Dec)

Hi William512, thank you fr your feedback.

I am wondering if Hilton Niseko has snow tubing m sledding type of activities for the children.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tohoku, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
6,140 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hokkaido Trip (10 Dec - 15 Dec)

http://www.hilton.co.uk/HiWayWeb/appmanager/portals/hotel?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=hotel_facility_detail&facilityId=14713&ctyhocn=CTSNVHI&facilitydetailName=Snow+Skiing

The above is an official list of winter activities offered by Hilton Niseko. To see whether they have more you can make an on-line email enquiry on the following. Do tell them you’ll be there mid Dec to make sure they have started their winter program as I suspect winter sports won’t be in full swing till late Dec or even Jan the following year.

http://www.hilton.co.uk/HiWayWeb/appmanager/portals/customer?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pg_customer_cs_contact&_referringPage=Hotel+Info+Header&_hotelName=Hilton+Niseko+Village&ctyhocn=CTSNVHI

Singapore, Singapore
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hokkaido Trip (10 Dec - 15 Dec)

William512, thanks for your effort! I have sent the enquiries to Hilton.