We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tell me more about Hokkaido

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tell me more about Hokkaido

Hi Everyone

I like to know more about Hokkaido, eg. hotels or resort, skiing, shopping, place of interest....... This is our first visit to Hokkaido.

How many days are sufficient to visit Hokkaido?

I'm going with my family including 2 children.

Thank you.

Cheers

Sharon

tokyo
Level Contributor
4,569 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tell me more about Hokkaido

Hokkaido is a large place, one of the main islands of Japan.

Check out Japan-guide's write up on Hokkaido for more information on places to visit and things to do:

http://www.japan-guide.com/list/e1101.html

London, England
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
10,278 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tell me more about Hokkaido

You can buy the Lonely Planet Guide to Japan in pdf chapters if you don't want the whole thing. There is a chapter on Hakkaido.

You may think it worth buying some of the other chapters s well, but you can pick and chose.

…lonelyplanet.com/japan/…

Edited: 08 September 2012, 22:15
Kyoto, Japan
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Tell me more about Hokkaido

Yes, we have the skiing resort in Hokkaido. Many Australians began to come to Niseko several years ago. The small resort town is saved by international skiers although Japanese local is no more interest in skiing:

http://www.niseko.ne.jp/en/

Sorry for my picky information.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tell me more about Hokkaido

Hi

Can I know the price for a bowl of ramen or a meal for a family of 4 in Hokkaido?

Thank you

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tell me more about Hokkaido

Hi

Can I know the price for a bowl of ramen or a meal for a family of 4 in Hokkaido?

Thank you

Sapporo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Sapporo, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
2,587 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tell me more about Hokkaido

A bowl of ramen will cost about Y700 - 1,200.

A meal for 4 people will cost you about Y4,000 as a basic price.

Just one thought: if you have never done skiing before it is maybe a good idea to book at least one or two ski lessons - there are instructors who speak other languages.

Also - if you don't think you will ski every single day - you can stay in Sapporo and take a bus to the ski areas easily - within an hour from the city center to Teine or Kokusai. That way you can have a ski and city sights holiday.

Amanda

7. Re: Tell me more about Hokkaido

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2013, 10:15