We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

winter itenary hokkaido

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
winter itenary hokkaido

planning a trip for dec 2013 to hokkaido.

looking for a ski resorts around otaru or sapporo area with accommodation nearby, also any accommodation with private onsen for 4 pax in hokkaido?

what hotel/ apartment is good in terms of location in the sapporo ?

will be in hokkaido 6-7 days, what are the places 'must' visit for sight seeing ?

Edited: 08 January 2013, 02:50
Sapporo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Sapporo, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
2,513 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: winter itenary hokkaido

Hi

Ski resorts with accomodation and private onsen possible?

I suggest you check out the onsen village of Jozankei, it is 40 mins from central Sapporo and has buses from there to the ski areas of Kokusai (30 mins) and Niseko (1 hour 15 mins) or Rusutsu (1 hour).

Or, another idea is to stay at Kiroro in the mountains above Otaru.

Or to stay at Asarigawa Onsen, near Otaru - there is a small ski area there and access to Kiroro and Kokusai.

It depensd if you want to do a city holiday, with a little skiing or a skiing holiday, with a little city time!

Amanda

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
54,266 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: winter itenary hokkaido

The easiest is probably staying at Asarigawa Onsen (several prviate onsens available) and then just go to the small ski resort at Asarigawa a few minutes down the road. Note that the resort isn't really meant for advanced skiers though. If you want larger facilities and more English support, Kokusai would be the one.

If you stay at Hirafu of Niseko, Prince Hotel there offers private onsen.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: winter itenary hokkaido

Thanks for the reply..

We are actually not wanting to spent too much time on skiing. It's our first time, so maybe just half a day on skiin.

What are the other places for sight seeing? What are the place 'must' see or visit in Hokkaido?

Any snow mountain to visit? just 1 will do.

Thanks so much.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: winter itenary hokkaido

i will be in hokkaido 6-7 days,

how many days/nights should i spent in Jozankei area?

i will only take 3hours ski package. what are the other things or places we can go around there?

after Jozankei how far i need to travel to lake toya area ?

should i spent 2 night in Jozankei to relax and 1 night in lake toya?

Singapore
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: winter itenary hokkaido

Just to share with you, we just came back from an 8 -day trip in Hokkaido. We started with Otaru and stayed in Otaru Furukawa, an onsen hotel with authentic Japanese atmosphere. From there we took an hour train ride to Niseko ski resort (Kutchan) and stayed there for 2 nights. After that, we back-tracked to Sapporo which we spent 4 days shopping and eating near the JR train Station. We stayed in Hotel Aspen which is only 2 blocks away from the station. it's a nice modern hotel which is less than 5 mins walk to the station. At the station, there are a few shopping centres including Daimaru. There is coin-operated washing machine on the 5th floor at Aspen, this is so important as you have to travel light considering the numerous train trips. At most of the train station except Chitose, there is no excalators or lifts, you have to lug your luggage up or down the stairs, the longest is at Sapporo JR Station. Hope this helps!

Singapore
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: winter itenary hokkaido

By the way, you need to book the hotels at Niseko a few months ahead. Use a booking site which has free cancellation so that you can adjust your booking as you plan your trip.

7. Re: winter itenary hokkaido

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2014, 07:17