We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendation needed

S'pore
Level Contributor
239 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Recommendation needed

My family and I will be visiting Hokkaido in early May (4 to 7 May). We are flying in to Chitose-Sapporo airport from Tokyo. Are we able to cover the following places based on the public transportation?

Day 1: Sapporo

Day 2: Otaru

Day 3: Lake Toya

Day 4: Noribetsu

Are there any othe spots worth seeing (farm, plantation etc) in central Hokkaido that are doable by public transportation? As i may consider to extend my trip to 5 days in Hokkaido...Any suggestion are welcome.

Many thanks in advance....

Sapporo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Sapporo, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
2,543 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendation needed

Hi there

Nice time of year to come! Lots of spring flowers and the cherry blossoms just coming out in Sapporo area.

You could spend a night in the Niseko area for farm/countryside feeling...still very early season - but fun - it is very popular for river rafting at this time of year with different adventure companies taking guests out on the local rivers which are fast flowing with the melting snow in the mountains.

Check here for details

www.nisekotourism.com/en/special/spring/

Niseko is inland between Lake Toya and Noboribetsu.

Amanda

S'pore
Level Contributor
239 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendation needed

Hi Amenda,

Thanks for your suggestion. It will be really great to throw in a farm visit to our trip.By the way, i read about the Kamiyubetsu Tulip park and would like to explore this place. I looked at the map and noticed that this place is quite a distance away from Sapporo. I plan to make a day trip there from Sapporo (where we are based). Any direct public buses or trainis can we take from Sapporo to the park.? I also intend to cover other neighbouring park in the same trip. Any good suggestions?

Many thanks in advance......

Cheers....

Sapporo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Sapporo, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
2,543 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendation needed

Hi there,

Kamiyubetsu is a LONG way from Sapporo - about 5 hours by road! Unless you are going to east Hokkaido on your holiday, probably not a good idea.

I don't think Chuo Bus does day trips there - but it is worth to keep checking the company website

chuo-bus.co.jp/sightseeing.en/index.sum.php

An easy day trip from sapporo to see tulips is to Takino Suzuran Park in the southern suburbs of Sapporo - a subway and bus ride for 25 mins.

Makomonai Subway Station and then a local bus.

here is the link

www.takinopark.com.e.bn.hp.transer.com/

The tulips here are fantastic! It's getting better every year and many people who live in Sapporo don't know about it yet.

The website for now is the park's winter activities, but in about 6 weeks they will start having spring information.

S'pore
Level Contributor
239 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendation needed

Hi Amanda thanks for the info...

5. Re: Recommendation needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2013, 12:57
6. Re: Recommendation needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2014, 05:18