We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7-8 day self drive trip in early June

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
7-8 day self drive trip in early June

Hi there,

my wife and I are planning a 7-8 day self drive trip starting Monday 3rd June (arriving in Chitose from Haneda), and probably leaving Monday 10th June from Chitose as well.

we are planning to do 2 loops - Chitose-Furano-Asahikawa-Daisetsuzan-Sapporo, and Sapporo-Utaru-Niseko-Lakes-Chitose.

We are Malaysian. As we like the outdoors, will probably do 2 days in Daisetsuzan.

Interested to know if anyone keen on this itinerary and would like to join us - share car rental cost and petrol. We can decide later if we feel we can travel together :)

Sapporo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Sapporo, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
2,565 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7-8 day self drive trip in early June

What a nice offer! Hope you find a taker for it.

Just one comment - the major amateur dance festival Yosakoi Soran is on in Sapporo (and other places a little) at that time - June 5-9. You should make sure to be in Sapporo sometime during that to see the wonderful, crazy dance performances in the city streets. Daytime and evening. Don't miss it!.

http://www.yosakoi-soran.jp/

Amanda

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7-8 day self drive trip in early June

Great - thanks for the tip!

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7-8 day self drive trip in early June

Hi,

We are a couple travelling from Malaysia to Hokkaido but we are arriving in Haneda and travelling to Sapporo by train on 1st June. We have been to Hokkaido a couple of times but never driven before. Too bad we start a few days earlier than you, if not we would like to take up your offer as we would like to see the national parks in Hokkaido. Have a good trip.

alan

1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7-8 day self drive trip in early June

Hi there... my husband and I also looking for a trip to Hokkaido... Wonder if we could join you.

let me know how can i get in touch with you to discuss further.

I can be contacted @ 012-5578068 (SMS, Whatsapp, call). Thanks!

Bangkok, Thailand
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 7-8 day self drive trip in early June

I will be in Hokkaido exactly on the same period as your trip plan but fly non-stop by Thai Airways from Bangkok to Chitose Airport.

We plan to catch train to Hakodate and rent a car at Otaru driving to Furano and Biei .

Finally spend few nights in Sapporo before fly back home in Bangkok.

Hopefully you enjoy your trip too.

6. Re: 7-8 day self drive trip in early June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2014, 06:19