We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch places at Jozankei?

Singapore
Level Contributor
166 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Lunch places at Jozankei?

Hi,

We are spending a morning in Jozankei area and wonder if there are good places for lunch at Jozankei. I know there are many hotels with restaurants in that area that I can have lunch. That's exactly the problem as I am not sure which one is good and open for non-hotel guest. Would appreciate any recommendation. Well, if it's not worthy to have lunch at Jozankei, we are driving back to Sapporo to stay the night, are there lunch places along the route from Jozankei to Sapporo that we can venture?

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,039 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch places at Jozankei?

Mori no Uta is a good onsen hotel with a gorgeous buffet lunch ("viking" in Japanese).

You can opt for the onsen+lunch package.

http://www.morino-uta.com/dayplans/lunch.html

Edited: 11 September 2013, 12:21
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,039 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch places at Jozankei?

English: www.morino-uta.com/en/dining/lunchbuffet.html

Singapore
Level Contributor
166 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch places at Jozankei?

Thank you. Tsuruga Resort Spa MORI NO UTA simply looks comfortable. I have just made lunch reservation at 11.30am on 2Nov using the "Contact Us" on the website. Hopefully I get a reply tomorrow that my reservation is accepted.

Can you help me on the order of travel route to visit places in Jozankei? I plan to start driving from Sapporo at 8.30am and spend a morning at Jozankei on 2Nov. I would like to visit the attractions below and believe my starting point is Hokeikyo-Dam. However I am not sure on the order of visit for the rest and whether they are a group of attractions in a walking trail or I have to drive to get there. Please, can you help give me some guidance on order of my visits and also to stop by near Tsuruga Resort Spa MORI NO UTA for lunch at 11.30am. Thank you so much. :)

(1) Hokeikyo-Dam

(2) Jozankei Shrine

(3) Jozankei Gensen Park

(4) Taro-no-yu

(5) Futami suspension bridge

(6) Shiraito Fall

Sapporo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Sapporo, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
2,565 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch places at Jozankei?

I think it will very much depend on the weather that day - where you go.

The dam is 15 mins f rom the village.

Just a little worried that the road into the dam viewing area qill actually be closed. The information on their website says the hybrid bus from the parking area to the viewing area, the restraurant etc will close 10/27 this year.

You CAN hike up (about 45 mins thru forest etc) from near the campsite entrance - and if the weather is nice it'll be beautiful. I suggest walking and talking loudly because there are bears inj this area and it is very late season.

The other places you mentyion are all around the village. Just park you car and walk around and see them, should take about an hour.

Singapore
Level Contributor
166 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lunch places at Jozankei?

Thank you Amanda for advising that Jozankei Shrine, Jozankei Gensen Park, Taro-no-yu, Futami suspension bridge and Shiraito Fall are all around the village (Do you mean Jozankei village?) and these can be completed in an hour. Can you please tell me where is convenient to park my car to access the village to explore these areas?

Oh dear me, is the dam closed on 2Nov?? So sad :( And I can't adjust my travel plans as I have already booked my hotel stay. This was my travel plan:

8.30am - 9.15am Drive from Sapporo to Hoheikyo Dam

9.15am - 10.15am Spend time to explore area around Hoheikyo Dam

10.15am - 11.30am Drive from Hoheikyo Dam to Jozankei area, park and explore area

11.30am - 11.45am Drive to Tsuruga Resort Spa MORI NO UTA

11.45am - 1.00pm Lunch at Tsuruga Resort Spa MORI NO UTA

1.00pm - 1.40pm Return drive to Sapporo to explore Sapporo

What a shame that I cannot explore the dam! Thanks for the suggestion to hike to the dam but I don't think I have the stamina to hike 45mins. ;p Well, looks like I do not need to leave Sapporo at 8.30am then.

6. Re: Lunch places at Jozankei?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2014, 05:16