We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hokkaido June 7-16 F&E with Family

Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Hokkaido June 7-16 F&E with Family

Hi,

I'm planning for a family trip - with husband and 8 year old son.

F&E. Not sure whether to drive for Noboribetsu and toya area.

I've been to Hokkaido 4 years ago in winter with friends.

Is this time very hot mid june? 25-28 degree or is it hotter?

7 June, Sat: ANA to Japan Tokyo Narita (Narita or Haneda better for Disney?)

Check in - Where should we stay if we go Disney the next day? Inside disney worth it?

If we stay near Shinjuku, Dinner there.

8 June, Sun: Disneyland or Sea more fun?

9 June, Mon: ANA to Chitose.

JR or drive to Noboribetsu.

Daiichi Takimoto kan - i think i remember this is the one at the corner of the stretch of hotels right? good choice?

Hell valley

Edo Wonderland - worth for the entrance fee?

Onsen in summer but at night should be just nice - quite cool at night right?

Is it better to stay in lake toya and then go to noboribetsu as day trip? I like toya better as noboribetsu is just "scary" atmosphere hee.. and noboribetsu seems v limited with hotel choice and exp.

10 June, Tue - JR or drive to toya

Hotel Kanko view good? Hotel Kohantei seems expensive (i stayed here last time).

Ropeway to Mt Usu summit

Lake toya cruise - big or small boat? Is the cruise worth it if it is not a sunset/rise type of cruise?

Fireworks at night - Onsen (I saw shooting stars at outdoor onsen last time!)

Questions -

Lake Shikotsu seems very nice - but nothing much there. Good for skin onsen i heard? I saw this Tsuruga resort - super nice (and super expensive) - Worth to go?

I believe we will skip Hakodate (nice place but far off). But depends if we should go Furano/Biei.

Doubt the Asahikawa zoo is worth the distance? - penguin parade is only winter and we saw in melbourne.

11 June Wed: Sapporo -

Check in Hotel Keihan Sapporo - Good choice? It is near JR.

Odori park, I'm sure will pass by TV tower, clock tower etc.

Chitose Rera outlet mall. Underground shopping.

Shiroi Koibito chico factory park (and cookie deco session)

Ramen Alley

For sapporo beer museum don't sound interesting enough, is there a brewery?

12 June, Thur: Sapporo Morning fish market - is there any particularly good one to go? What is better time and yet not super early...?

JR to Otaru

Music box hall

Kitachi glass shop

Otaru canal, old stone warehouses

Sakaimachi street - what exactly is there to shop? Souveniors?

I remember there is a cheese or chocolate factory here?

13 June, Fri: June is not the best time for flowers. Is it worth to go Furano and Biei in this case?

Is not worth, then substitute with Hakodate but itinerary needs to replay the sequence,

Not sure if ANA can fly in Chitose and out at Hakodate.

Reserve 13 & 14 for furano and Biei - drive better right?

Thanks all to contribute to my planning for a wonderful memorable family trIp!

Cheers,

Lynn

Sapporo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Sapporo, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hokkaido June 7-16 F&E with Family

Lyn

This is a loooooooooooooooooooooong posting with many questions.

Um.

JR or drive to Noboribetsu. - drive gives you more holiday freedom.

Daiichi Takimoto kan - i think i remember this is the one at the corner of the stretch of hotels right? good choice? Good choice for big baths and near Hell Valley.

Hell valley

Edo Wonderland - worth for the entrance fee? for a family - yes, I think so.

Onsen in summer but at night should be just nice - quite cool at night right?

Is it better to stay in lake toya and then go to noboribetsu as day trip? I like toya better as noboribetsu is just "scary" atmosphere hee.. and noboribetsu seems v limited with hotel choice and exp.

Toya and Noboribetsu can be done as a stay at one and visit the other. Toya had firework show at night.

10 June, Tue - JR or drive to toya

Hotel Kanko view good? Hotel Kohantei seems expensive (i stayed here last time). Depends on your budget.

Ropeway to Mt Usu summit

Lake toya cruise - big or small boat? Is the cruise worth it if it is not a sunset/rise type of cruise? CRuise to the island and take a nature tour with a guide, enjoy it more.

Fireworks at night - Onsen (I saw shooting stars at outdoor onsen last time!)

Questions -

Lake Shikotsu seems very nice - but nothing much there. Good for skin onsen i heard? I saw this Tsuruga resort - super nice (and super expensive) - Worth to go? Well, just another lake with an onsen really.

I believe we will skip Hakodate (nice place but far off). But depends if we should go Furano/Biei.

FUrano in June would be nice. Eraly flower season. Pretty season. BLue lake at Shirogane onsen is also good. The zoo is good (for Japan), but if you've been to other zoos in the world...maybe not so interesting.

Doubt the Asahikawa zoo is worth the distance? - penguin parade is only winter and we saw in melbourne.

11 June Wed: Sapporo -

Check in Hotel Keihan Sapporo - Good choice? It is near JR.

Odori park, I'm sure will pass by TV tower, clock tower etc.

Chitose Rera outlet mall. Underground shopping.

Shiroi Koibito chico factory park (and cookie deco session)

Ramen Alley

For sapporo beer museum don't sound interesting enough, is there a brewery? There is a brewery, but it is on the railine between Sapporo City and Chitose. Tours available.

12 June, Thur: Sapporo Morning fish market - is there any particularly good one to go? What is better time and yet not super early...? Do you mean the Central Wholesale Market near Soen? Any time ok, it isn't like Tsuji in Tokyo, where you go inside. This is market stalls and fish and tourists buying souvenirs. There is a small market in downtown Sapporo (end of Tanukikohji).

JR to Otaru

Music box hall

Kitachi glass shop

Otaru canal, old stone warehouses

Sakaimachi street - what exactly is there to shop? Souveniors? Yes.

I remember there is a cheese or chocolate factory here?

13 June, Fri: June is not the best time for flowers. Is it worth to go Furano and Biei in this case? I'd go.

Is not worth, then substitute with Hakodate but itinerary needs to replay the sequence,

Not sure if ANA can fly in Chitose and out at Hakodate.

Reserve 13 & 14 for furano and Biei - drive better right?

Tooooooooooooooooooooooooo many questions!

Amanda

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
106 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hokkaido June 7-16 F&E with Family

Stayed twice in Hotel Keihan Sapporo and i like it a lot and love the bread during breakfast.

3. Re: Hokkaido June 7-16 F&E with Family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2015, 04:33