We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hokkaido trip plan - Oct 26th-31th 2014 (5 nights)

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hokkaido trip plan - Oct 26th-31th 2014 (5 nights)

Hi dear advisors,

I would like to plan my trip to Hokkaido on Oct 26th-31th (5 nights). We have 4 ladies travel together (1 already 70 years old). Our purpose of this trip is Koyo, enjoy food, and shopping. I try to plan a trip that not walking too much as my mum will be very tiring, so thinking to drive from one city to another. Below is my high level plan, and hope that i can get some tips or info to finalize my plan.

Day 1 (26th Oct) : Fly from Tokyo to Hakodate - morning.

- where is good spot for Koyo in Hakodate? I believe late Oct is good timing for Koyo in Hakodate per what i read in other forum.

- any good hotel?

- good seafood/shashimi restaurant, but not too expensive...:-)

- do i need to rent the car from 1st day in hakodate?

Day 2 (27th Oct): Start driving from Hakodate up to Sapporo

- Which stop is good before reach Sapporo? How long it take by driving?

Day 4-5 (30th-31th) -Sapporo, plan to leave in evening to Tokyo

- sighseeing place?

- shopping place? got any outlet?

- good hotel that near subway station? I plan to return the car when i reach sapporo as i was told it is not easy to drive in Sapporo.

I would like to buy flight ticket from Tokyo to Hakodate, but i see the ticket price is quite expensive if i book now. Any good website that i can get cheap ticket?

Hope to get your advise/tips, so that i can plan my trip properly...

Thanks in advance.

SK

1. Re: Hokkaido trip plan - Oct 26th-31th 2014 (5 nights)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 08:15
Get answers to your questions about Hakodate