We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transportation from Haneda airport

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Public transportation from Haneda airport

Hi,

I would be landing at Haneda airport just before midnight. I read that that the metro and other trains don't operate post midnight. In this case are their any other public transportation options that I can use? I need to go to shinjuku...specifically the citadines shinjuku aparthotel. The closest subway station to the hotel is shinjukugyoenmae. Would appreciate any pointers.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
54,225 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transportation from Haneda airport

Train: You should have enough time to catch one of the last Keikyu trains to Shinagawa, and then transfer to JR Yamanote Line to Shinjuku station (590 Yen total). From Shinjuku so late at night, I recommend taking a taxi to Citadines which should cost no more than 1,000 Yen.

If you don't want to deal with the transfer at Shinagawa, you can take the limobus to Shinjuku station for 2,000 Yen.

tokyo
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
4,569 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transportation from Haneda airport

Not all trains stop running at midnight, in Tokyo, trains either start to wind down or stop around midnight-1am (depending on lines, stations etc).

In your case:

(weekday schedule)

The very latest, you could leave Haneda Airport at 12:10am on the Tokyo Monorail, arrive at Hamatsucho Station at 12:25am (last station on the monorail), transfer to the Yamanote Line train at 12:35am and arrive at Shinjuku Station at 1:00am. From there, best to take a taxi to your apartment hotel.

Assuming you are arriving at 11:00pm Singapore flights, you should be able to clear immigration and customs before midnight. Before midnight or at midnight you can catch Keikyu line trains to Shinagawa Station, where you can connect to the JR Yamanote Line to Shinjuku Station. You will get to Shinjuku Station at 1am or before it.

If arriving via Shinjuku Station by JR trains, utilize the EAST exit, and catch a taxi from there to your hotel.

===

Limousine bus schedule from Haneda Airport to Shinjuku Station, which stops on the West side of Shinjuku Station (nearby taxi stands as well):

limousinebus.co.jp/en/…214

Edited: 07 January 2012, 05:21
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public transportation from Haneda airport

Thanks a lot. Would u have any idea as to how much would a taxi cost at midnight from Haneda directly to citadines shinjuku. Since there are three of us, I reckon it might be a little over what we would be paying for a limo bus and then a cab from shinjuku to citadines ?

Ipoh, Malaysia
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Public transportation from Haneda airport

Hey Paras3, i'm having the same situation with you and my travel date is 5th feb. Taxi will cost 8400~9000yen. Definately taking train is the cheapest option. But what i'm going to do is taking Airasia Go city transfer, which will cost me rm90 per person.

malaysia
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Public transportation from Haneda airport

arrive haneda airport around 11pm any comment how to get to ginza capital annex hotel?any bus or train still operate this hour cos can't locate the website.really appreciate any comment.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,344 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Public transportation from Haneda airport

You can check yourself by using the hyperdia timetable and fares site.

For Ginza Capital Hotel Annex in Shintomicho, take the Monorail to Hamamatsucho, then straight to hotel by taxi. You might change to Yamanote Line to Yurakucho and take taxi from there, which might save a couple of coins.

The last Keikyu train for Shinagawa leaves Haneda International Terminal station at 00:01 (weekday schedule).

The last Monorail for Hamatsucho leaves at 00:10.

The late night Keihin Kyuko Bus for Shinagawa leaves at 00:40.

malaysia
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Public transportation from Haneda airport

arrive 11pm,collect lagguage and thru immigration do i have time to take monorail to hamatsucho?cos first time there and might wasting time looking for monorail.is it safe for two ladies to have taxi midnight and how much will the it cost to reach hotel?where is shinagawa?i quote for charter taxi and cost me 10,000 yen

Edited: 15 June 2012, 02:37
malaysia
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Public transportation from Haneda airport

how to get airasia go city transfer?is it bus and does it goes to ginza area?

Edited: 15 June 2012, 02:44
Seremban, Negeri...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Public transportation from Haneda airport

Hello, I would like to check on the way from haneda airport to ginza capital main hotel. Is it correct by taking keikyu airport line to shinagawa station then take taxi to hotel ?

Seremban, Negeri...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Public transportation from Haneda airport

Hi, I need help on transport from heneda airport to ginza area, as I have booked room at ginza capital hotel, and my flight reach airport by 10:30pm, and I estimate can go out for immigration ang collect luggage by 11:30pm. What is best way to go to my hotel at ginza ? Thank you.