We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will I go through customs in Narita or Chitose?

Basalt, Colorado...
2 posts
Save Topic
Will I go through customs in Narita or Chitose?

I'm flying into Narita on United arriving at 4:30pm and transferring to Chitose on an ANA flight at 6:50.pm. Will I go through customs in Narita or Chitose?

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
24,914 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will I go through customs in Narita or Chitose?

You'll go through immigration/customs in NRT.

Basalt, Colorado...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Will I go through customs in Narita or Chitose?

Thank You Shibuyakko! So... Just to be clear: I will have to go pick up my baggage, go through customs, and then "check" my bags again for my Chitose flight? right?

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
24,914 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will I go through customs in Narita or Chitose?

That is correct. YOu have 2 hours and 20 minutes between flights which is enough time.

San Diego...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Will I go through customs in Narita or Chitose?

I am flying into Narita then catching JetStar Japan to Chitose. United said that they can check the bags all the way to Chitose from where I originate. I understand that I have to claim my bags and go through customs. Is there a place right after customs that I can drop my bags onto like a luggage belt or do I have to haul my bags to Jetstar in the domestic terminal?

Edited: 04 January 2014, 08:50
Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
49,405 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Will I go through customs in Narita or Chitose?

narita-airport.jp/en/…index.html

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,531 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Will I go through customs in Narita or Chitose?

>> United said that they can check the bags all the way to Chitose

No they cannot. They can interline with JQ (Jetstar Airways, Australia), but not GK (Jetstar Japan)

jetstar.com/au/…flight-connections

After customs and immigration, please bring all your belongings over to Jetstar check-in counters.

7. Re: Will I go through customs in Narita or Chitose?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2015, 06:18