We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Narita Airport to Narita Station

Parksville
Level Contributor
67 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Narita Airport to Narita Station

I have read that a good way to fill in many lay-over hours between flights is to take the train to Narita Station via the Keisei Line and visit the Naritasan Shinshoji Temple . Could anyone please advise the location of the Keisei Train line in the airport? I take it I can buy train tickets at the platform? Any other information would be appreciated also.

Thank you.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
47,163 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Narita Airport to Narita Station

narita-airport.jp/en/…03

Yes - you purchase tickets at the airport train station.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
52,080 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Narita Airport to Narita Station

Just follow the signs to the trains. They are at the basement level of the terminal so you will find yourself going downstairs.

Melbourne,Australia
Level Contributor
866 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Narita Airport to Narita Station

We did this and it was a good way to fill the time. You can use either the Kesei or JR line, as both go from the same station area. Just check which train suits your timing and make sure that it stops at Narita.

The street leading down to the temple is full of interesting stalls. The temple area is a large complex. Make sure you go up the steps behind the main temple as there are more buildings and gardens to see. I missed these the first time I visited!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
52,080 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Narita Airport to Narita Station

Keisei trains run more frequent than JR trains overall. See if you can glance to platforms and figure out which train is leaving next.

5. Re: Narita Airport to Narita Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2015, 13:20