We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Narita - 2 hour Layover enough?

Denver, Colorado
1 post
Save Topic
Narita - 2 hour Layover enough?

I'm looking at flights and I see there's one option with a 2 hour Layover between two international flights thru Narita. Both flights are the same carrier. Normally I like to give it a little more for international flights and the one coming in is after 13 hours. I assume it'll be in the same area and I don't have to go through security, but if there's a chance, I'd like to know upfront. Any thoughts... too tight or it'll work fine?

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,380 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Narita - 2 hour Layover enough?

Buy it as a single ticket deal. That would ensure a connection. If connection fails for some reason, you should be guaranteed a seat on the fastest possible flight of that company.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
8,270 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Narita - 2 hour Layover enough?

When you buy one ticket from A to B with a transit at NRT, the ticket seller is obliged to make sure you will reach final destination, even when some unexpected problems such as bad weather, flight delay happen.

So what you need to consider is whether you really need to ride THE specific connecting flight.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
54,941 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Narita - 2 hour Layover enough?

2 hours on the same carrier on the same ticket are more than enough at NRT. You will have to go through transit security which takes just a few minutes.

4. Re: Narita - 2 hour Layover enough?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Narita