We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My itinerary at Hakone - stay at Ichinoyu Honkan -pls advise

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
23 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
My itinerary at Hakone - stay at Ichinoyu Honkan -pls advise

Hi!

I'll be travelling to Hakone from Kyoto and will reach Odawara about 11am. I will be taking a walk around Odawara Castle before proceeding to Ichinoyu Honkan.

1) Are there any Tozan buses to Ichinoyu Honkan from Odawara Station? If so, which bus and how long is the journey?

2) I understand there are buses from Yumoto station, which bus should I take? I read somemore there is a shuttle bus too 100yen for 5 mins ride, where can I take it and how do I look out for it?

3) I'll be starting the round course trip the next morning at 9am, what time do you reckon I can finish the course? I'll be travelling to Tokyo after that.

Thanks for your advice!!

Fukuoka, Japan
Level Contributor
880 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: My itinerary at Hakone - stay at Ichinoyu Honkan -pls advise

Unless you have any specific reason to take a bus, the easiest way from Odawara is to take Tozan Densha (train) to Tonosawa (350 yen, 28 min) and walk to the ryokan. (3 min from Tonosawa station)

Fukuoka, Japan
Level Contributor
880 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: My itinerary at Hakone - stay at Ichinoyu Honkan -pls advise

Train schedule for weekdays : www.hakone-tozan.co.jp/train/new_time1_h.html

Train schedule for weekends : www.hakone-tozan.co.jp/train/new_time1_k.html

The most left is Odawara, 6th from left is Tonosawa. As you see, trains stop at 5th station (Hakone Yumoto) for a while before starting to Tonosawa and onward.

Yokohama
Level Contributor
919 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: My itinerary at Hakone - stay at Ichinoyu Honkan -pls advise

>> 2) I understand there are buses from Yumoto station, which bus should I take? I read somemore there is a shuttle bus too 100yen for 5 mins ride, where can I take it and how do I look out for it?

See the link of PDF map of Yumoto station.

honkan.ichinoyu.co.jp/access/ichi_bus.pdf

shuttle bus stop is "温泉組合バス乗り場"

Information center is "電車・バス案内所"

-Shuttle bus-

It runs every 15 and 45 (5 and 35?) min from 2:15pm to 5:45pm.

Please take the bus of Route "C" (tounosawa) and say the name of our hotel.

The bus stop is located beside police box across from the Hakone Yumoto station.

The fare is 100yen per adult (one way).

And child is free.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
23 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My itinerary at Hakone - stay at Ichinoyu Honkan -pls advise

Thanks alot for your replies!

singapore
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: My itinerary at Hakone - stay at Ichinoyu Honkan -pls advise

hi, I am trying to book Ichinoyu honkan online but keep getting the error message. Do you have the website that I can go to? Have you gone to the hotel already? is it convenient? is it worth the rates?

I would like to find out as much information as possible as I am deciding between this hotel to takenoha & Furusato

Please help

6. Re: My itinerary at Hakone - stay at Ichinoyu Honkan -pls advise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 15:16
Get answers to your questions about Hakone-machi