We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which Ichinoyu?

Which Hakone-machi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
380 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
which Ichinoyu?

I am booked for two nights at the Ichinoyu Shinkan early in May. However, I have since learned that there are a number of ryokans in the Ichinoyu chain. I have only been able to find one review here for the Shinkan facility (I believe this is a relatively new addition to the chain) and only a handful for the Honkan. Any suggestions or thoughts on which might be the best of the group? Also, how is the food?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sydney
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: which Ichinoyu?

I stayed in Ichinoyu Honkan in April, loved that place! I think Honkan is orginal one with 300 years history, has better location than the Shinkan, easy access with bus stop just outside the hotel. unless you travel by taxi from the station, it may be a different story.

It's all traditional Japanese room where as Shinkan have modern rooms. Honkan has four guest room (ground floor) each with private open-air rock decorated bath which is the most popular room. also with Honkan you can book a 30min private use of the Onsen in the large indoor Onsen room.

Room is nice and clean, but you need to make your own bed (there are instructions to follow). which is quite fun.

have a good time!

2. Re: which Ichinoyu?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 02:16