We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shinjuku to Narita Airport for flight departing 10am

Which Hakone-machi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Malaysia
Level Contributor
306 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Shinjuku to Narita Airport for flight departing 10am

I will be staying in Shinjuku. Will there be enough time for us to travel to Narita airport to catch flight departing at 10am? I was thinking of taking the NEX early morning at 6am so that I can reach the airport by 7am++.. Is this too high risk or should we spend a night at the hotel near to Narita the day prior to departure?

Thank you.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
7,534 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Shinjuku to Narita Airport for flight departing 10am

eki-net.com/pc/…index.html

99% of Japanese passengers living in Tokyo will ride a morning train/bus when catching 10AM international flight from NRT. But do as you wish, there is small risk of earthquake or typhoon oe heavy rain or snowfall anytime. Not 100% risk-free.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,382 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shinjuku to Narita Airport for flight departing 10am

It's normally not high risk. If there is an earthquake or typhoon that causes service disruption, the airline might give you some leeway regarding rebooking.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
306 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shinjuku to Narita Airport for flight departing 10am

Hi all.. thank you! I will depart early and catch the 6:06 flight! cheers!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,382 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shinjuku to Narita Airport for flight departing 10am

Agree with going to JR station in advance to buy the NEX ticket.

However, I don't think you need to arrive Shinjuku station at 5:30am though. During your stay, just scout where the NEX platforms are (see link below for map link). Once you are inside JR Shinjuku station, it shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes to find platform 5/6 where NEX departs. Just follow the signs.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,361 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shinjuku to Narita Airport for flight departing 10am

If there is delay on the N'EX, JR will give you a document for insurance claim purpose.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
306 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shinjuku to Narita Airport for flight departing 10am

Sammyfloyd and Bibimbob.. Thank you. I will take the advice.. Will ensure I purchase the ticket in advance.

7. Re: Shinjuku to Narita Airport for flight departing 10am

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Hakone-machi